PDA

View Full Version : very bad day

walkerowner06
12-02-2006, 08:01 PM
today is the worst day i have ever had in my life. not only is today my 23rd birthday but somebody stole my two month old redmax eb7001. i was doing some work at a customers house and i was in the back planting some flowers and the blower was sitting on the ground in the front yard and somebody came up and took the blower. i know i should not have left the blower in the front while i was in the back but i was being careless but i know i am going to be more careful in the future.

Allure
12-02-2006, 08:03 PM
that truly sucks but you will have much worse days so just chalk it up to a learning experience & be more diligent in the future.

GravelyGuy
12-02-2006, 08:06 PM
It happens to all of us at least once before we learn. A few years back somebody stole my trimmer, blower, push mower, and even my gas cans while I was around back. I would drive around in that neighborhood for the next few days. Somene will be anxious to fire that thing up.

Sorry about your luck...

G.M.Landscaping
12-02-2006, 08:10 PM
It's your birthday...get drunk...then turn it into your insurance.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
12-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Well happy birthday,wish i was 23 again !:waving: :laugh:

dcondon
12-02-2006, 10:01 PM
I know it sucks but go out have have some fun. HAPPY B-Day:waving:

Beau Rivage
12-02-2006, 10:05 PM
:bday: Happy Birthday!! I hate your blower got lifted, but as stated earlier you'll be more diligent in the future. That's an expensive lesson but you're young...you'll recover. Drink up.:drinkup:

mike lane lawn care
12-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Happy birthday. Since you can drink legaly, you should start now, and not stop until you wake up at a friend's house not remembering what you did, and have a sore arm, back, and knee.:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

AndyTblc
12-02-2006, 11:52 PM
What are you doing working on your birthday anyway? For gosh sakes.

RedWingsDet
12-03-2006, 01:06 AM
ya that sucks they stole your blower. But As this year has been so far, be glad you still have your equipment. I know 4 guys who have had their entire trucks and trailers stolen. 2 of them were cutting the house and litterally came out front to see their stuff rolling down the street.

So ya it sucks, but thats why you get insurance.

Willofalltrades
12-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Well now you have motivation to get a 8000 lol. Funny thing, you have good birthdays and then you have ones that suck. My ex tried to make my 18th B-day good by giving out treat bags at school... Am I 6 yrs old??? no that was embarassing. Not to mention other things didn't go to her "plan" so she sat in the back of my car on the way to dinner at my favorite restaurant and cried (the entire time). Ha good thing shes my EX! lol anyway, its a lesson and I won't lie, I am just as careless as you and I will get a piece of equipment stole if I don't change my ways.

ps- Im going out with a 10x hotter chick now to. Point: Its gonna get better. lol

mdvaden
12-03-2006, 02:29 AM
today is the worst day i have ever had in my life. not only is today my 23rd birthday but somebody stole my two month old redmax eb7001. i was doing some work at a customers house and i was in the back planting some flowers and the blower was sitting on the ground in the front yard and somebody came up and took the blower. i know i should not have left the blower in the front while i was in the back but i was being careless but i know i am going to be more careful in the future.

I can imagine how you feel. Only two things have been stolen from me, both chainsaws. The first one was stolen when it was fairly new, and in the winter when business was slow, shortly after I was married. We didn't have much spare money then.

Maybe a good thing can reverse it.

One lady tipped me $115 on a $90 pruning job a few months later, and a man gave me a generator that I didn't need. So I sold it for about $180.

Just keep an eye out for the good stuff down the line that brings equilibrium.

Happy birthday.:)

J&R Landscaping
12-03-2006, 01:53 PM
That sucks that it got stolen. Insurance should pick up for the tab for a new one. Happy Birthday!!

jpp
12-03-2006, 07:49 PM
As stated it could have been much worse. Have you recovered yet from your Birthday? Happy Belated Birthday to you.

mojob
12-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Check the pawn shops. It might turn up. That's how some scumbags make a living. They drive through nice neighborhoods looking for LCOs with unattended equipment. At least you still have your youth.

QualityLawnCare4u
12-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Happy BD and sorry about your stolen blower. I would give away two redmax,s to be 23 again!:laugh:

d&rlawncare
12-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Check the pawn shops. It might turn up. That's how some scumbags make a living. They drive through nice neighborhoods looking for LCOs with unattended equipment. At least you still have your youth.

Call all the pawn shops w/in 25 miles, you should find it. Just ask them like your in the market for one. DOnt tell them you had yours stolen.

topsites
12-03-2006, 08:56 PM
No offense to anyone, but this is exactly why I dislike insurance, everyone acts like it's free money and a ticket to ride...

The problem is, our premium doesn't pay for the blower.
Our premium pays for the Insco's electric bill, the rent, the phone, the employee's wages, and the furniture and paperwork, their computer, their taxes, and so on: An insurance company is not a bank that stashes money, it is a business that survives AND gets paid from our premium.

Every claim is paid for, not by them, but by US!
If it costs them upfront, they will get it back.
And if they already got it, they will get it again.

Either you're insured via a co. that already figures on you making a claim AND you're already paying more than you should...
OR you're insured via a co. that will cover you one time, and then drop you AND you will likely never find a low rate again.

So you put a silly claim in and you either will pay or you are already paying more than the blower costs out of your own pocket.

I wouldn't claim anything I can pay for out of pocket, even if it hurts bad.
The good news is, any claim over $5,000.00 automatically goes to court, so there's my deductible:
Anything below that, I don't even want to hear the word insurance... Which is not to say I'll just hand it over, either.
Claims in excess of that amount, the Insco finally kicks in as they will go to bat for me.

AndyTblc
12-04-2006, 11:24 AM
nice picture

GreenN'Clean
12-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Whoever stole it will pay for it in due time, People who steal and do wrong always pay for it somehow , Thieves are the worst scum on the earth and what sucks is that they have more rights then honest people in the court of law when caught.

BQLC
12-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Sure it was so bad? goes to show you someone could have it worse thanks Craig's I needed the laugh this morning.

MuleCutter
12-06-2006, 11:33 AM
sorry bout your luck. i havent had that happen YET but i'm sure it will. about 3 years ago a buddy of mine who has a part time lawn service left his trailer under his carport with a LOCKED trailer hitch. while he was at his full time job some guys went to his house, backed up to the trailer, cut the lock off and drove off with the whole trailer.... exmark 52 inch, exmark walk behind, redmax and stihl 2 cycle equipment, gas cans.... etc and the whole nine yards. he had to end up buying new equipment. about 2 weeks later the authorities found the trailer an hour away from his home and about a year later they found the 2 mowers. long story short.... he went to court several times with the thieves and no charges were pressed because the attourneys dropped the case. at least he got his major equipment back... just make sure you have your stuff insured and locked as well as you can when not using it.