PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Z vs Super Z

HenryB
12-03-2006, 12:53 PM
I have a few Super Z's and really like them. I never used a Reguler Hustler Z and I'm wondering do they have more torque, hill climbing ability, and or cutting power due to the fact of smaller hydro pumps and wheel motors (using less motor power). I know they have less ground speed. :clapping: P.S. keep making great machines.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Compared to a Super z, z's have quieter pumps, less stick feedback, shorter front to back wheelbase, and lower ground speed. If transport speed is not an issue, I'd almost venture to say that the z's lighter weight and short wheelbase make for a better mower. Super z's have better sraight foward hill climbing ability due to the fact that more weight is on the front wheels. Also, the higher ground speed helps the super z keep control while going nose down on hills.

HenryB
12-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Any opinions PJ?

mowerconsultant
12-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Any opinions PJ?

My opinion......
Most all of the time I will go with a Super Z, the added ground speed is the 1 feature that makes me say this.
As far as torque ratings and such on the pumps and wheel motors, I feel it all is how the operator operates the mower, this will make all the difference in the ability to handle hills and such.

Pj