PDA

View Full Version : What type of Insurance to use

curry
06-24-2001, 02:35 AM
What type of insurance do yall think I should carry for myself. I mow approximately 25 yards as a part-time job. How much should I be "bonded" for and is their a certain type I should get.

kturner
06-24-2001, 03:16 AM
I don't know where you are located and what the laws are there, but I found that unless you're doing actual landscape work you don't need to be bonded. Just call to your local home/auto insurance office and ask them about one person business insurance rates for a lawn care business. The minumum's in our area were over 100.00 a month. Better luck to ya.

curry
06-24-2001, 03:35 AM
I live in Central Texas. Also, does yalls insurance cover a rock that your mower chunks and hits a car and brakes a window(hasnt happened YET but probably will and want to have the right coverage)

lakegastonla
06-24-2001, 10:55 AM
Get liability insurance, this is the most basic kind and will protect you from property/personal damage you may cause in the course of doing business. Also, I would get an inland marine policy. This will protect your equipment from theft and damage. Regular auto insurance will not cover contents of your trailer if used for biz purposes.(should you have a wreck) Unless you can afford to lose all your equipment and start from scratch, the inland marine policy is a must, also. Complete coverage for the liability and inland marine policies should be around 1200 a year. Good luck.

kturner
06-24-2001, 11:52 AM
Yeah, we're covered if we plant and hit a water main, 500,000 I think, medical, if we injure someone, all that stuff. All I really cared about was the rock through the window too. But, try Allstate or another regular ins. company.
It should be about the same price as your truck premium.

cp
06-24-2001, 01:01 PM
You got to have it.

I agree with the other posts. You need a General Liability coverage and also the comm coverage on your vehicle and equipment.

This is important, don't leave home without it.

Good Luck..Chris