PDA

View Full Version : grass catcher for 36'' mini z

GrassmasterB
12-04-2006, 04:10 AM
accelerator industries shows a catcher for the 36'' and 42'' mini z. has anybody had any experience with these catchers?

LCPullman
12-05-2006, 01:25 AM
I run two Hustler 36" Trimstars with Accelerator baggers. The deck is essentially the same as the 36" mini Z and so the Accelerator baggers are also essentially the same.
The Accelerator catchers are superb. They fit up nice and flush with the side of the mower, so no grass is left behind until the bag is full. I have found them to be very durable and stand up well to abuse. They work very well under any conditions I've put them through (including thick wet grass, and heavy wet leaf cover). They should be cleaned regularly when mowing in wet grass.
I have found that I get best results using a high lift blade on the discharge side. e.g. I use Hustler PN 793935 a catching blade (extreme high lift) on my mower (really wet in the spring). I also use Hustler PN 794685 a fusion high lift blade when I want less lift (well-irrigated lawn in the summer).
During the wet spring season, I have found that removing the front air control baffle on the mower deck can increase my bagging efficiency.
So, I definately recommend the Accelerator baggers. Furthermore, the company stands behind their product 100%.