PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseeders

TurfBoy08
12-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Anyone fool with hydroseeding.......If so, lets see what you got!!! Thanks

EA Quinn
12-04-2006, 06:10 PM
we dabble in hydroseeding......heres our rig.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=63360&d=1156938046
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=63293&stc=1&d=1156868174

RHayden
12-04-2006, 07:32 PM
EA- I would hate to see your rig if you didn't just "dabble"!! Nice set-up.

DBL
12-04-2006, 11:37 PM
that things impressive they really are nice peices of machinery

Husky05
12-05-2006, 03:01 AM
Wow you must do alot of hydro-seeding to have equipment like that. What is your price per square foot, here in the Pittsburgh area I see prices around 40-45 cents to square foot. Nice truck

climber
12-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Husky05 where are you located in "the burgh"?

Dan

Idealtim
12-05-2006, 09:01 PM
That thing shoots like a cannon, huh...

how much pressure at the tip?

Husky05
12-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Climber,

Iam located in the south hills of pittsburgh, baldwin whitehall area to be exact. Yourself???

climber
12-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Same here Im located rate inbetween the fire house and municipal building/pool!

Dan

RedMax Man
12-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Wow, that truck is HUGE. Nice Rig. How much ground can you cover with a full tank?

Husky05
12-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey Climber,

What is your business name?

EA Quinn
12-07-2006, 11:45 AM
the truck does about 1 acre per load. holds 3,100 gallons of water!

climber
12-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey Climber,

What is your business name?

Were called Horhut Tree Experts. We dont advertise or anything rate now. We just do business by word of mouth. Me and my brother are still in school and he works for Davey so whenever we have time we work!

Dan

Husky05
12-08-2006, 03:33 AM
I have never heard of you, I have probably seen you before just dont know you. My name is Dave Woehler, I own Woehler Landscaping. You have probably seen me around, I drove a white dump truck with a white box trailer.

EA Quinn
12-08-2006, 12:14 PM
a few more shots........

EA Quinn
12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
one more shot

climber
12-08-2006, 07:12 PM
I have never heard of you, I have probably seen you before just dont know you. My name is Dave Woehler, I own Woehler Landscaping. You have probably seen me around, I drove a white dump truck with a white box trailer.

I think Ive heard the name. I see so many white trucks and trailers its crazy. But Ive probably seen you guys! Maybe you could post some pics. Ill will after our prune job tomorrow in USC. We took down a huge Sugar Maple on Provost. It was at 2 Provost. Its rate before you go over that little hill before the light intersecting brownsville. And theres a pic of about a quater of it.

Dan

Husky05
12-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Hey climber,

I know right were that is, I do alot of work right around provost, on west lawnview, old boston and curry road. In fact 2 summers ago right on brownsville across the street from south hills country club I redesigned this mans whole entire landscape, Iam sure you have probably seen it, its the one with the mound built in the front of the house and belgium block cut in a wave on the front of it. On top of the mound there are numerous burning bushes planted and tons of other shrubs and trees planted throughout the front lawn. Coming from south hills country club heading towards bapist you make a left onto brownsville and its like the 3rd or 4th house on the left.

I have a few small pictures on my website, which is rather crappy at the moment but its www.woehlerlandscaping.com

bishoplandscape
12-09-2006, 08:58 AM
:dizzy: Wow you must do alot of hydro-seeding to have equipment like that. What is your price per square foot, here in the Pittsburgh area I see prices around 40-45 cents to square foot. Nice truck

wow i will move there if i can get prices like that around here you can have sod laid for that price hydroseed goes from .05 to .10 cents a square foot:dizzy:

EA Quinn
12-09-2006, 09:08 AM
does the .45 cents per square foot include raking? I agree about moving out that way if thats true. We are definately in a top end market where we are located, and .45 will not land us any jobs.

bishoplandscape
12-09-2006, 09:23 AM
does the .45 cents per square foot include raking? I agree about moving out that way if thats true. We are definately in a top end market where we are located, and .45 will not land us any jobs.

yea alot of people around here will grade it groom it and lay it for .40 -.50 cents a square foot sometimes they'll even add in a little top soil thats why we usually contract that part out because there is very little money to be made in sod hyroseeders beg for work around here because sod is so cheap now it all depend on size of lot also im talking about average 10,000 square foot and above
i agree its crazy

climber
12-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey climber,

I know right were that is, I do alot of work right around provost, on west lawnview, old boston and curry road. In fact 2 summers ago right on brownsville across the street from south hills country club I redesigned this mans whole entire landscape, Iam sure you have probably seen it, its the one with the mound built in the front of the house and belgium block cut in a wave on the front of it. On top of the mound there are numerous burning bushes planted and tons of other shrubs and trees planted throughout the front lawn. Coming from south hills country club heading towards bapist you make a left onto brownsville and its like the 3rd or 4th house on the left.

I have a few small pictures on my website, which is rather crappy at the moment but its www.woehlerlandscaping.com

I know exactly who you guys are now! A buddy of mine and my brothers cuts grass. You probably know of him... Mike Williams/Mikes Lawn Care (blue f350 non dump and 18 ft. open trailer husky ztr, gravely w/b, Lawnboy 21") And I see you went to PSU. My brother Steve is there now. He has two yrs in Forestry and 1 1/2 in business! He's a Certified Arborist also. So how do you like that 3500? We are looking for one with a duramax and 2500 with one too!

Dan

J&R Landscaping
12-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Husky05,
How is the Landscape program at penn state?

That hydroseeding set-up is wicked looking! Whats under the hood of the truck?

jhgilliland
12-09-2006, 11:29 PM
J&R, The landscape contracting program @ Penn State is one of the best in the country. I may be a little biased, since i am currently enrolled in the program. I checked out a couple programs before i made my decision. Overall i have been very pleased with both the people (teachers and students) and also the resources which this program has to offer.

Husky, When did you graduate from the program. I'm sure you had Dan Stearns. I'm working on my Master Plan for the Hort 269 Final. I'm sure you remember that. I gonna get back to work!

Husky05
12-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Climber ya I know of him, I dont know him personally but I have definitely seen him driving around working. I think he cuts prospect park if Iam not mistraken. Small world.... As for the 3500 GMC I love it, it has been a great truck no problems, just basic maintenace. I have a 6.0 liter gas engine in it. I decided that I did not want or need the duramax. $7800 dollar option just not worth it for me personally. I only haul around mulch, mushroom manure, and topsoil and only tow mowers. Just didnt need it.

Hey J&R Landscaping and JhGillilard,

The program at Penn State was great, they definitely teach you what you need to know from a design point of view and there is definitely alot of concentration on plants, (trees, shrubs, annuals, turfgrass, and Perennials) plant id, and just alot of horticulture in general. Very useful things. The only things that I wish I would have learned more of for my personal use, would have been how to use and operate machinery. Like bobcats, ztr's maintenance and repairs. Also I wish there was more emphasis on business related classes, other then your BA250 and Blaw243 thats not enough for me anyway. As soon as I graduated from PSU I started my own business. I actually had a business since highschool but when I got out of college is when I really when into this big time, I invested a ton of money into this and really had no idea about the business end of things. This is now the end of my 2nd year professionally and I am only getting a good grasp on the paperwork, journels, payroll, taxes, etc. It is very overwhelming. I also have had a great deal of help from my family who helps me out alot.

I graduated from Penn State in December of 04. I transfered into PSU from a community college in Pittsburgh and had my credits all messed up and needed an extra semester at PSU my last semester was only 11 credits. Yes I do remember Dan Sterns, great guy and teacher. Martin Mcgann was there when I was there and also Larry Kuhns. Larry is a very cool guy if you get on his good side he will definitely help you out. If you stay up there year round you should look into working for him at his xmas tree farm. Its a cool place. You got any other questions let me know.

climber
12-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Climber ya I know of him, I dont know him personally but I have definitely seen him driving around working. I think he cuts prospect park if Iam not mistraken. Small world.... As for the 3500 GMC I love it, it has been a great truck no problems, just basic maintenace. I have a 6.0 liter gas engine in it. I decided that I did not want or need the duramax. $7800 dollar option just not worth it for me personally. I only haul around mulch, mushroom manure, and topsoil and only tow mowers. Just didnt need it

Thats Good! Maybe will have to meet up sometime!

Dan

BobcatBoy06
12-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Yea i'm not sure how anyone could get any work for 40 - 45 cents per square, I'm only about 60 miles from pittsburgh. I'm lucky if I can get 20 cents if I prep the area and seed it. I guess I'll have to check into some work down the pittsburgh way.

climber
12-11-2006, 07:13 PM
You better beleive it! I dont do sod but I do tree care and the difference from the "burgh" and moon twp. 20min away is huge. The difference we charge for a $700 removal and they would charge about $250 in there neck of the woods! But however you bid is how you bid!

Dan