PDA

View Full Version : advantages or disadvantages to low cab foward trucks

mouse
12-04-2006, 11:41 AM
what are the advantages or disadvantages to the LCF type trucks?:usflag: :usflag:

NCL
12-04-2006, 12:59 PM
I have found only one disadvantage, the windsheild is more susceptible to damage from stones kicking up.

DUSTYCEDAR
12-04-2006, 01:01 PM
it would suck in a head on crash

upidstay
12-04-2006, 01:10 PM
They don't ride well, at least not the old one I used to drive. Very bouncy, sitting right over the axle. Other than that, it was the best truck I have ever used. Took weight easily, extremely maneuvarable (turned on a dime), handled great. Had this little sissy "beep-beep" horn though. I hated that.

BQLC
12-04-2006, 01:16 PM
They don't ride well, at least not the old one I used to drive. Very bouncy, sitting right over the axle. Other than that, it was the best truck I have ever used. Took weight easily, extremely maneuvarable (turned on a dime), handled great. Had this little sissy "beep-beep" horn though. I hated that.
A friend of mine added a air horn off of a train to his. It really gets your attention:laugh:

TJLANDS
12-04-2006, 01:36 PM
I have found only one disadvantage, the windsheild is more susceptible to damage from stones kicking up.
I replace those dam front windows once a year. Other than that they are good trucks for this business. Have the GMC(isuzu(3500))

fiveoboy01
12-04-2006, 01:48 PM
They do ride somewhat rough, but I've found them not too bad. They have a nice tight turning radius.

Of course, to work on them, you have to tilt the cab, which means you have to remove or secure anything you don't want falling in the cab.

But with the cab tilted, it is pretty easy to get at everything on the engine.

One other disadvantage, at least I've seen this a lot on the smaller GMC/Isuzu cabovers like the W4s - the A/C condenser is not in front of the radiator, it's down low in front of the left front tire. They seem a lot more susceptible to damage from debris in this location. I've seen a lot of them get a leak after getting hit by road debris. There is a guard over them, but it doesn't stop everything.

Total Landscape Solutions
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I'll never own one after blowing a drivers-side tire at 60mph. Thank God there was nobody in the lane to my left, or around me at all that day. It took me quite a bit of fighting to get it to the shoulder. It could have been really ugly, possiblly deadly. It defanitely affirmed my belief in Angels.
Still remember it like it was yesterday.

I know alot of them are on the road, and very popular, but they are accidents waiting to happen IMHO.