PDA

View Full Version : What color of truck and trailer do you like?

Tim Wright
12-04-2006, 03:57 PM
What color of truck and enclosed trailer combo do you like?

White - With Logos etc
Black - With Logos etc
Dark Green - With Logos etc

Tim

Total.Lawn.Care
12-04-2006, 04:04 PM
What color of truck and enclosed trailer combo do you like?

White - With Logos etc
Black - With Logos etc
Dark Green - With Logos etc

Tim
I currently have both white truck and trailer with Logos.

I want Black Truck and Trailer with logos (doen the road when I can afford to be picky).

I have not seen a completely green combo, but I will bet that if the greens matched it woudl look nice.

I have even seen some Red Combos that looked really good.

Lawnworks
12-04-2006, 07:30 PM
The idea is to get noticed... I have 3 yellow trucks and it works.

Signature Landscaping1
12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Black Truck- Black Trailer

Although my setup was red truck- black trailer.

qualitylawnmanagement
12-04-2006, 07:55 PM
White truck and white enclosed trailer.

stuffdeer
12-04-2006, 08:00 PM
I'd love to see a Dark Green Combo.

But I like the Black Combo's.

carcrz
12-04-2006, 08:45 PM
I think any combo would look equally good. I myself would go w/ the white combo because I already have a white rig.

GreenN'Clean
12-04-2006, 10:10 PM
My Truck and Trailer are white with logos on them with yellow letters with green outline to stand out

topsites
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I like my red truck + black trailer, at least until Jul-August when it gets 95+

Then, white really screams 'I am much COOLER inside.'

I do plan on getting a light colored truck next, the heat inside a darker colored vehicle is considerably higher.
And yes, red absorbs a LOT of heat, almost as bad as black, hard as that may sound to believe.
Medium-to-dark Blue, and brown, too... Really, any color that isn't light (sux lol).

CutNLawns
12-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Didn't know there was another color other than black!

All my stuff is black, silver and chrome. Tough to keep clean but really stands out.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/2500HD/Setupafter.jpg

smarino21
12-05-2006, 01:29 PM
i got a silver 250 and silver enclosed 16' i wanna put on the side real smalll "silver bullet" lol

Tim Wright
12-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Sweet truck and trailer.

This spring I am looking at a new truck and enclosed trailer. I am thinking of a cologe with a photo of my NH with Rake on a yard, another of pavestone, another with mower on a nice lawn, a putting green, surrounding my logo and phone number.

I am leaning towards black.

The truck will be a GMC 3500 crew cab 4x4, duramax. The trailer a 24footer, with a ramp tail gate and a oversize side door with a field office in the front end of it, Wired for a laptop, frig and air.

Tim

David W
12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
CutNLawns.

Love your truck and trailer setup! I to am an all black guy, but tend to regret it when July and August shows up!

What brand is your trailer and are those custom rims on there?

Great truck as well!

CutNLawns
12-05-2006, 06:29 PM
The trailer is an Interstate 14x7 (wish i got bigger) with no regrets on durability. The wheels on the trailer are Centerline polished aluminum wheels. I wish they were chrome plated but there is not alot available for trailers.

Lawnworks
12-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Good choice on your co name... and yes I am the bastard who got it first!

mag360
12-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Not much looks sharper than black and chrome (when it's clean)

Mr. Vern
12-05-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm a white/white guy here. I think the black is the sharpest, but only if it is kept cleaned, polished and dent free. Not real practical when you are running a fleet. I have some green because I liked it, but greens change from year to year so I'm now white on white guy for practicality sake.
Loved the looks of that trailer!

Fordsuvparts
12-06-2006, 08:21 AM
12 trucks and they are all white with green logos, all the trailers are green and we have a white enclosed trailer with white logos. All of our equipment also have logos on them all. Both bobcats have green logos and even the chipper has are logo.
We have made a huge spalsh in this area and just about everyone you talk to has seen one of our trucks out. We also sponsor a lot of different school events, we paid $285 and got are name logo and phone # on the local high school cheer leaders mega phones and pom-poms. We have seen a huge return on this type of advertising form the parents of the children who's teams we sponsor, little league, girls softball, football team, soccer team.

Back to the logos, my favorite is our bucket truck here is a picture of it. You can never have your logo big enough!!!!!

J&R Landscaping
12-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Green with white lettering on trucks

Open trailer with white background sign and green lettering

Green company T-shirts and Hoodies with white lettering

White background on bussiness card with green print

AndyTblc
12-08-2006, 10:05 PM
A truck ain't a truck unless it's red

mattfromNY
12-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Cutnlawns... THAT IS SWEEEEETTTT!!!!! Love the black n chrome. Just like my women. LOL!

Tim Wright
12-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Good Job More than Mulch. You have it going on!!!!!

Tim

ponyboy
12-16-2006, 09:44 PM
i ahd black, to much up keep now i have 1 red truck and trailer looks good, still shows dirt. i also have two white trucks and trailers with good lettering(i use red ,green and black) colors looks great and for me thats the way to go

twj721
12-17-2006, 03:17 AM
Mine is white truck and green trailer not planned just happened that way

DFW Area Landscaper
12-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Economically, white is the only way to go. If you need to expand and buy more work trucks, you will be hard pressed to find a stripped down fleet truck in a color other than white. If they paint it any other color, that is when you start finding all kinds of crap you don't need in a work truck, like power door locks and windows, CD players, etc.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

Sydenstricker Landscaping
12-18-2006, 06:56 PM
I like a nice blue or dark blue with chrome. I think a nice truck stands out from the rest and gets noticed. Right now my 00 Silverado 2500 is pewter with chrome. I am gonna paint it blue soon. Then a black open trailer. I like blue so I dont look like every other red green white landscaper out there

Lawnworks
12-18-2006, 08:16 PM
I like a nice blue or dark blue with chrome. I think a nice truck stands out from the rest and gets noticed. Right now my 00 Silverado 2500 is pewter with chrome. I am gonna paint it blue soon. Then a black open trailer. I like blue so I dont look like every other red green white landscaper out there

If you are going to paint it... I think it needs to be a color that really will get noticed.

Eakern & Dog
12-18-2006, 08:23 PM
White truck and black trailer. I would go for a red trailer or a gray/sliver truck if the price was right but basically I like white for the truck.

Sydenstricker Landscaping
12-18-2006, 09:29 PM
I am going blue due to every one in my area has a red or white truck/trailer. My old GMC was dark blue with nice chrome with aluminum wheels and dual exhaust and it was a head turner/eye catcher

Tadams
12-18-2006, 10:47 PM
I did have awhite truck and a red trailer but now I use this. I still have the truck and trailer but I'll only use it if the NPR breaks down. I hope that I never have to pull a trailer again.

lawn king
12-22-2006, 06:13 PM
white cabs, green bodys & persian orange tractors!!

nobagger
12-22-2006, 06:35 PM
CUTTINLAWNS has one awesome looking set up!:weightlifter: Ours is a white F250 SD and a white 8.5x16ft enclosed US Cargo with green/black/yellow lettering.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
12-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Nothing harder to keep clean than a black truck. Yes they look good, but it is the worst color period. White is also a color that shows dirt easily, but not nearly as bad as Black....

Silver metallic looks pretty good, but for me I just go with white trucks and then tint the windows and use black bolt on stuff, armor all on the tires etc... looks almost as good as solid black

tnmtn
12-22-2006, 09:00 PM
green trucks w/ beige magnetic signs. green lettering with dark red highlights. black deck trailer

LemkeLawns
12-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Neon Green
I use white with grass on the bottom and black lettering

Lawnworks
12-26-2006, 10:09 PM
I did have awhite truck and a red trailer but now I use this. I still have the truck and trailer but I'll only use it if the NPR breaks down. I hope that I never have to pull a trailer again.

You need to get some simulators off of ebay. I think I paid $250 for mine... they will really set the truck off.

GotGreen
12-29-2006, 10:13 PM
A truck ain't a truck unless it's red

Nice yellow Hummer.