PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help, PLEASE!!!

Gatewayuser
12-05-2006, 03:51 PM
I just bought a 1987 GMC W4500 42 with a 4 sp auto and 4 cyl turbo diesel made by isuzu and I need some help. What does the 2 green bars flashing under the word econo mean. And what does the econo switch do? This thing won't shift higher then 2nd gear what could be wrong with that? The vacum light comes on for about 5 seconds after startup after all other lights have gone out. Thanks for any help!

gene gls
12-05-2006, 09:40 PM
I just bought a 1987 GMC W4500 42 with a 4 sp auto and 4 cyl turbo diesel made by isuzu and I need some help. What does the 2 green bars flashing under the word econo mean. And what does the econo switch do? This thing won't shift higher then 2nd gear what could be wrong with that? The vacum light comes on for about 5 seconds after startup after all other lights have gone out. Thanks for any help!

I have a Mitsi. Econo switch: when running empty or light load it runs in the top gears. With a load you flip it to the left and the tranny is electrictly shifted down to run in a lower set of gears. Kind of like how the Over Drive button works on the shift lever only not as drastic. The flashing light must be for either on or off like the Over Drive button. My vacum light comes on and off also. You must have a problem with your tranny electronics. Sometimes when I shift forward and reverse while plowing I get a light showing a question mark and the tranny goes into a "safe" mode and will not shift up. The tranny electronics gets confused. I shut the engin off and it resets it self.

Gatewayuser
12-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the post!

Anyone else?