PDA

View Full Version : switch and go

JRS Landscaping
12-05-2006, 08:47 PM
any one have one? how is it ? is it worth the extra money?

tthomass
12-05-2006, 09:30 PM
dun dun dun duuuuun:

Do a general search for "etwman" for lots of good visual and literature in his post "equip photos".

Look up Bucks Fabricating in NW PA......call them for a local dealer since there prob is one.

I will be putting down my deposit and ordering mine tomorrow as follows:

15k winch........their largest system
20k dump capacity
(1) 14' mason body with fold down sides............heavy duty
(1) 15' drop box with 51" sides and rear barn doors......medium duty

Compare to a hood lift (hydro driven).........I'm coming in about 1/3 cheaper.

What truck do you plan to use?

Example of use:

I plan to have a crew out mowing and a crew doing installations. While my foreman is on the site I (or he) will be able to get material, deliver it in container and go get more with the 2nd container without dumping and making a mess. Not sure yet but if I go with a 2 day a week mowing schedule I can do as follows:

Mon-Tue.......mowing
Wed-Frid.......installs

Mon-Tue.......I take SNG equiped truck and deliver materials to the job site.
Wed-Fri........get right to work, no delays

Fold down sides doubles as two beds. Example: load/unload pallets of sod or stone etc from the side

Walter (waltero*) also has the system as does someone else on here with a GMC 5500.

I am excited about getting everything done but more so to see just how creative I can be with it. I first bought my dump trailer it sat with minimal use for a month.......then I became more creative with how to use it to maximize my time. This is what I look forward to with the SNG, how will I use it to maximize my time.

waltero
12-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Yes, Great, Yes.

I have it and I think that it is great. It has been talked about here, if you do a search. ETWMAN has a long post in the picture forum that has alot of info. I once considered it on a f350 -f550 but dismissed it because of the smaller size. After I looked at ETWMAN's setup, it clicked. I think it is well worth the money and would recommend it to all. It does come down to what you are looking for but if you are in the landscaping business I think you would like it also.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Walter

beck
12-05-2006, 09:43 PM
I just got my truck in a few weeks ago.

I replaced a 15,000 gvw chevy c3500 with an isuzu nqr with a 17950 gvw. it has the switch-n-go system and right now I love it because we just had a snow storm and I was able to switch from leaf removal to snow removal in a matter of minutes. (I have one bed set up for curbside leaf vacuuming-drop box- and another with my V-box salt spreader-flat bed)
during the year i plan to leave the drop box at the yard and use that as the yardwaste container and empty as necessary,
I have not done a whole lot of changing of beds but I like it so far.

tthomass
12-05-2006, 09:44 PM
got pictures?

JRS Landscaping
12-05-2006, 10:18 PM
sounds like they are pretty good i was looking at puttin it on a f350-f550 the bigger like the f650 and the gmc topkick are too big for me right now and id have nowhere to park it

tthomass
12-05-2006, 10:25 PM
get a short wheel base Intl......bigger load, compact size

beck
12-06-2006, 08:13 AM
you will want a higher gvw than what a 350 or 3500 has

My first load was 7 yards of mulch and the truck did not think anything of it whereas my old truck would struggle. stepping up does not get that much more expensive when you consider all the advantages

I will try to get pics up later today

Tim Wright
12-06-2006, 08:44 AM
I am looking at three trucks for this year. Going to the dealer today.

1. Pickup for lawn mowers & trailer
2. Switch & go for landscape and final grade jobs
3. Tri-Axle dumper for hauling fill, shale, gravel, and ashpalt.

I would love to see photos also

Tim

beck
12-06-2006, 11:06 AM
here are a few

Tim Wright
12-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Here is etwman's thread link. I have you starting on page 12, but there are photos all through this thread.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=37810&page=12&highlight=etwman

Tim