PDA

View Full Version : Buff it out or leave it alone ?

krislu
12-05-2006, 10:49 PM
I just got my 5 gal pail of Fluid Film from Mowpart and I applied it with a 3" wide paint brush onto one of my snowblowers ( will do the other one tommorrow ) and am wondering if I should buff it out with a rag or leave it alone. It covers nice. it's thick and tan in color with an interesting odor. So far I am happy with it and I can't wait for snow. I mentioned to family and friends that I bought FF and now everyone is asking me for some to try. Does FF dry like car wax ? or does it always stay wet like Grease ?

Dano50
12-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Hey, thanks for the purchase! :waving:

Fluid Film is going to remain wet, so you could either leave it the way it is or rub it in if it is going to be a problem at that consistency. It will last longer if you leave it alone, though.

BTW, it works great bringing out an old oxidized paint job. In that case, you would want to rub it in like a wax.

krislu
12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
"it works great bringing out an old oxidized paint job"

It sure does! I noticed that first thing when I put it on. It also makes the rubber parts look new. I am not going to buff it. I will leave it alone. I am doing my 2nd snowblower tonight.

MowPartRep2
01-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Check this out! Customer calls today looking for fluid film we tell him we have it in stock. He drives 30 miles to buy 2 cans. He tells us that he uses it to rid his livestock of ring worms! He says that he could buy ring worm meds. and it takes 4 to 5 days to get rid of them and it cost a lot. but why buy ring worm meds when you can get one can of fluid film and it last forever and gets rid of ring worms over night! Well I didnt believe him until one of our best customers comes in and said Hell yeah! I use it on my goats for the same purpose! RING WORMS!