PDA

View Full Version : $2.00 stripe kit

rdh
06-24-2001, 10:54 PM
i have made my own stripe kit that worked so good that if you tryed to make a pass say 12;00 to 6;00 and then a 9;00 to 3;00 it would
erace the 12 to 6 about 75% of it any way. this has been on my mower
for one week now and makes some realy nice stripes .so nice that i
dont have to walk around in the yards to see the stripes .i just stand
in one spot and i can count all of them they are so dark and light that if i walk to my neibors yards 2 houses down i can count all the
passes.
i did this with $2.00 worth of bolts and washers and a 1/2 inch piece
of rubber that a gravel pit gave me for free off of a convayer belt
i had enough rubber to do it 2 times once under the deck and once in
between the rear wheels of my dane chariot this has improved the stripe 1000% better.
i made a post yesterday about checkers this stripe kit worked so good that i could not make checkers .well i fixed that i had the rubbers
even with the ground they was raking the grass hard so now i cut some
off now i have a checkerd yard. they are now set at 1 3/4 up from level ground and still work great.
some one else please do this that has a camera to post pics .it will
be worth the time and the best $2.00 ever spent .i even put it on my
21" mower and that crapsman stripes now.

KirbysLawn
06-24-2001, 11:00 PM
Make one for my Chariot, I'll attach and take photos! :D

rdh
06-24-2001, 11:03 PM
try it kirby all it takes is less than 1hour.
i had forgot to mention that i can stripe a lawn and not even turn the
blades on.

rdh
06-25-2001, 01:08 AM
you could even double up on a mud flap from napa.if thick rubber isnt avalabel.

awm
06-25-2001, 09:00 AM
aint it great when an idea works:)

rdh
06-29-2001, 02:17 PM
any one done it yet lets hear from you .

crs
06-29-2001, 06:21 PM
:( I have made several posts talking about this exact thing and nobody paid any attention to me. You guys really hurt my feelings.(lol)
I have been doing this for years and it works GREAT and it is cheap.
I usually mount the rubber to a piece of steel and then mount the whole thing to the mower. Sometimes you may have to play around with the amount of rubber hanging down to get the effect that you want. I have found that about an 1-1/2 inches workes well.

jnjnlc
06-29-2001, 09:55 PM
You can also use swing seats from Lowes or HD. About $15.00. Lowes has them with a hole from one end to the other so a piece of all thread could be passed through. Just a thought. I have not done this but have given it great consideration.

13yearoldcutter
06-29-2001, 10:35 PM
RDH, I don't really understand what you did with the rubber and the bolts to make a perfect stripe. It would be alsome if I could stripe. Please email me more specific instuctions at stoked2day@hotmail.com

rdh
06-30-2001, 12:01 AM
crs
i have heard of using rubber since this was hall of forums and there has been some talk about it on lawn site. but no one has posted pics
so i never took it serious. it wasnt till i looked at the new toros
that made me want to do this .when i looked at the toro i said if that
can stripe. i will make my own but better .theres floats on top of the grass mine is solid its not henged it moves all the blades the direction you go its to nice. now i am the competition.

now if we can just get someone to do it that has a digetal camera so people can see that this is just as good as rollers and chains if not better , i would bet better