PDA

View Full Version : Check out this deer

Stafford Landscaping
12-06-2006, 07:37 PM
we were at a church that we take care of the other day and a deer came out of the woods at the back of the church and came right up to us. So we started feeding it and it stayed with us for a little while then went back in the woods. I think somebody had fed it before somewhere because this is just to uncommon. But it really flipped us out.

Kate Butler
12-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Remarkable! Very cool.

parkeeee
12-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Besides a petting zoo, I have never seen anything like that. How awesome that must have been.

crab
12-06-2006, 07:54 PM
that is cool!that deer is lucky my crew wasnt there,its deer season and there hungry.

lawnangel1
12-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Thats awesome! I have to be honest though, I was hoping it was gonna be a picture of a "deere" not a "deer"!!!:laugh:

stuffdeer
12-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Really.

I think that isn't cool

Think about it, When someone is out hunting, in a ground blind, and someone stabs the deer cause it gets so close.

I feel bad for the animal.

bugthug
12-06-2006, 10:20 PM
How did you cook it?

dcondon
12-06-2006, 10:23 PM
I have a lot of deer around here but I don't think they will let me do that. Thanks for the pics.

grassmanak
12-06-2006, 11:26 PM
the last animal i had that came that close got shot in the head with a 44mag, moose are sure tasty.

paolaken
12-07-2006, 09:25 AM
i saw a deer once that grew up at aq house with a couple of dogs and would chase the cars down the road with the dogs.

stumpslawncare
12-07-2006, 09:31 AM
I have a couple on my wall that I can pet, but never seen anything like that. That is remarkable, hopefully she wises up before deer season or she won't make it long.

musselman
12-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Back when I was in High school I went out to a big farm to help my dad get some equipment. While we were all talking I felt a cold nose on my arm, it was a deer. The farmer said he almost hit it one day in his combine as a new born, from past experances he knew the mother would not return for the fawn, so he kept it. Its name was breakfast. It would play with you like a dog and just ran around all day it never left I guess it knew a good thing when it found it.

RedMax Man
12-07-2006, 03:05 PM
It looks kinda young, must not know who hunters are yet... the next person it meets might not be so kind.

d&rlawncare
12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
how about these pictures.......

RedMax Man
12-07-2006, 06:47 PM
That is unbelievable... Never seen road kill as nasty as that. Were you the driver or do you know the driver, how fast was the suv going? looks like a Chevy Trailblazer.

d&rlawncare
12-07-2006, 08:12 PM
That is unbelievable... Never seen road kill as nasty as that. Were you the driver or do you know the driver, how fast was the suv going? looks like a Chevy Trailblazer.

Nope, I work in law enforcement. The SUV was going 75-80. It was a trailblazer

nmez21
12-07-2006, 08:20 PM
how about these pictures.......
Jeez! Never seen pictures like that before. That's a mess. Any injuries or even fatalities?

RedMax Man
12-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Nope, I work in law enforcement. The SUV was going 75-80. It was a trailblazer

I figured and hoped it wasn't you and expected that the suv was going much faster than it should have been. I know a kid who's father is a fire fighter and has told us about similar road rage accidents where they scrape up the splattered blood and gutts from the road after a deadly, horrible accident. They should present photo like that in drivers ed classes to represent the results of speeding and crashes.

Lawn Enforcer
12-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Ya, about a year ago, some folks around here saw a newborn deer at a country cemetery and the mother never came for it. They took it home and have kept it like a dog

bigjeeping
12-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Very awesome pics... Has anyone ever experienced "friendly squirrels?"

I was in Indiana for thanksgiving and went for a stroll through the park... suddenly like three squirrels ran over to me and I thought they were going to attack b/c I'd never seen squirrels run towards someone. They just rubbed on my legs and looked at me before walking away.

Josh.S
12-08-2006, 09:15 AM
That deer appears to be a starving doe that lost its mother... look how skinny it is... if I was hunting I wouldn't have shot at it...

turfmann
12-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Yep, I saw a deer early Thursday morning, just before I sent it into the next world with my Sterling. Wow. It took only a second from the time it came into view, to a full run, then at the last possible second cutting back into the path of my truck. I was fully loaded with a spread truck on the trailer going about 60. It made a horrible thump, explosion kind of sound as it hit the front bumper. The truck never shuttered at all. Up here in MA the deer are big if you haven't seen them. I'd guess a couple, three hundred pounds or more. I don't hunt so I really don't know exactly. The deer bent the bumper back into the front tire cutting the tread so badly that I had to replace it. Bumper too. About a grand worth of damage. Could have been a lot worse - I kept the truck on the road.

RedMax Man
12-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Yep, I saw a deer early Thursday morning, just before I sent it into the next world with my Sterling. Wow. It took only a second from the time it came into view, to a full run, then at the last possible second cutting back into the path of my truck. I was fully loaded with a spread truck on the trailer going about 60. It made a horrible thump, explosion kind of sound as it hit the front bumper. The truck never shuttered at all. Up here in MA the deer are big if you haven't seen them. I'd guess a couple, three hundred pounds or more. I don't hunt so I really don't know exactly. The deer bent the bumper back into the front tire cutting the tread so badly that I had to replace it. Bumper too. About a grand worth of damage. Could have been a lot worse - I kept the truck on the road.

Do ya have any pics?

Idealtim
12-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Deer vs, suv;
That is one of the gossest things I have ever seen, yet I looked at every pic at least twice lol. Every ounce of blood must of came out of that thing.

PLM-1
12-10-2006, 12:50 AM
Deer vs, suv;
That is one of the gossest things I have ever seen, yet I looked at every pic at least twice lol. Every ounce of blood must of came out of that thing.
Just imagine what the driver looked like!

crab
12-10-2006, 12:58 AM
still looks tasty,no?

turfmann
12-10-2006, 05:51 AM
No, no pictures. Didn't have a camera.

BQLC
12-11-2006, 03:05 PM
I sent those to my wife she could not understand how a deer could kill you if you hit it with a car now she knows

MarcSmith
12-11-2006, 03:56 PM
but if you look at the pic of the truck #3....you see the driver seat covered in blood. but no outline of a body sitting in the seat? pic number 1...not a drop of blood on the ground...

More pics here. if not for police in the first pic I woudl have doubted a bit....

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=777869&perpage=21&pagenumber=1

PLM-1
12-11-2006, 06:24 PM
I bet he leaned over .... would hate to get plastered with all that nasty!