PDA

View Full Version : Truck Lettering??

A-1 Affordable Lawn Care
12-07-2006, 12:13 AM
How has your lettering on your truck seem to work for advertisement? How many calls or leads did you get in a season?

Fordsuvparts
12-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Dozens and dozens of calls each year, we don't even track them anymore we get so many. we logo everything up big time. It has been money well spent.

DBL
12-07-2006, 12:37 AM
i couldnt tell you because i dont really ask how the people get our number i got them lettered because they look professional but i do get a lot of calls from the yellow pages saying i saw your truck do you want to buy an add

salandscape
12-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Whether you get 0 calls or 30 do you want to look like a scab or a professional? Spend the couple hundred and do it right

stumpslawncare
12-07-2006, 09:12 AM
I agree spend the money to make you stand out above some of these low ballers and mom and pop businesses. I don't think that I have got alot of calls from just the truck lettering, but I have gotten lots of calls from the yellow page people seeing my truck.

GreenN'Clean
12-07-2006, 10:15 AM
This year alone i picked up about 20 new customers from the lettering on my trailer and truck

Lawnworks
12-09-2006, 12:55 PM
It is name recognition, and the more the trucks you have the better. It is the cumalative(sp) effect of all advertising working well w/ each other -flyers, trucks, yp, word of mouth, etc.

qualitylawnmanagement
12-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Weather it is a personal/ work truck or just a work truck it looks more professional having a truck at a job lettered up servicing that property. Plus people will think you take business seriously and won't quit have way during the year.

Uranus
12-11-2006, 01:43 AM
I didn't get any phone calls this year due to my truck lettering. I have had people say they've seen my truck around town though.

ponyboy
12-16-2006, 10:38 PM
get a couple (15 - 20)of calls but in ny its also the law, but seeing your fleet out there all loking the same is a great thing also

Sydenstricker Landscaping
12-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Im new to the biz and just got my truck. Now that i see from others that it works well, I am getting lettered asap!

Lawnworks
12-18-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't think it works well unless you have 3 or more trucks out and about.

Sydenstricker Landscaping
12-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, hey I am willing to give it a go. I need customers and cant afford a newspaper ad. I am going out of my own pocket to start my biz.

A-1 Affordable Lawn Care
12-19-2006, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the advice.This is my first year in business. Doing very well I think for my first year. I'm going to buy a 7x16 enclosed trailor (black) and then lettering it out! How many weekly clients:usflag: did you pick up this year?
:usflag:

CompletePropertyCare
12-20-2006, 07:15 PM
I have only gotten a couple of calls off my truck lettering but people see your truck around town and it some how adds to your professionalism. Heres mine.

Grass-Masters
12-20-2006, 10:31 PM
I know if you are doing a nice job, and there is no way to contact you they can't. So why take that chance, unless you already have too much work.

Complete property care those are some nice looking graphics.

DuraCutter
12-24-2006, 12:07 AM
How has your lettering on your truck seem to work for advertisement? How many calls or leads did you get in a season?

Myself, I find that the lettering works best for estimates and for established customers that may not know I do something and then they read it on the cube van...and click more work!!!

I find that the people that talk to me from seeing the van aren't worth talking to most times. Just my opinion, but that's how we get the most.

It makes us look professional, they the customers figure if you spent thousands signing your vehicle, you stand out more are more of a pro...they hire us usually on the spot. It's even best when you show up with 2 signed vehicles...lol...

PLS-Tx
12-24-2006, 10:05 AM
We're planning on lettering our enclosed trailer next month. Still undecided if will letter the truck to match, they are both white.

I think it would look more proffessional to have them both lettered. My wife says just do the trailer and not the truck, so if we go camping or somewhere for RR, we won't be looking at the company name while we are away.

BTW, we do have a personal car, so the truck is used about 95% business.

Maybe I sure have started a new thread. :confused: