PDA

View Full Version : Had two leaf removal jobs cancel

A-1 Affordable Lawn Care
12-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Had two calls yesterday for leaf removal. Bid one on site for $60 per hr and other over the phone. Both agreed. Got up this morning to go do the jobs one called and cancelled said"wife didn't want to spend the money!" the other I called to tell that I was on the way and she said "Im on a fixed income thats to much for me" the day before she was thinking me for being able to do it for her. I don't understand.Do you guys have that problem? Do you think that I'm charging to much? They didn't have a problem with it when I spoke to them and told them the price per hour.

carcrz
12-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Haven't had that problem. But, at the same time I don't really have many "on-call" clean-ups. I am swamped w/ my regular customers who have already agreed to a price.

GreenN'Clean
12-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Thats why you use contracts before you do the job always get it in writing ,it will eliminate those kinda customers. Sounds like they went shopping for the cheaper guy

stumpslawncare
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Haven't had that problem, sounds like buyers remorse.

DBL
12-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Sounds like they went shopping for the cheaper guy

exactly people call becasue they dont want to do it so you know they werent out there doing it drive by in a day or two and i bet the leaves are gone

J&R Landscaping
12-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Those customers were just shopping for a good price. Your rates are right there but theres always somebody who will lowball. Doing leaves is tricky as far as pricing it goes. Stick to your guns with pricing as you know what you need to make off the job to make a good profit!

Dstosh
12-07-2006, 05:02 PM
exactly people call becasue they dont want to do it so you know they werent out there doing it drive by in a day or two and i bet the leaves are gone

Dude, please start using punctuation. Thanks;)

o-so-n-so
12-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Can't really blame people for shopping your price...(we do the same thing when buying stuff). They should just tell us up front instead of hiring us to just cancel when they get something cheaper.

I can usually tell if someone just wants a price and I almost never get the bid if is just give an hourly rate over the phone. I get almost every bid if I can talk to in person and explain my service and give a job price ( in most cases its more than my hourly rate)

oh yea...........i hate leaves:dizzy: