PDA

View Full Version : Hustler / Flex Fork disappointment

jcltyson
12-07-2006, 03:46 PM
PJ
I received your message concerning the flex fork complaints and must say this is the first time I have been disappointed with this company after my purchase. I utilized this machine, normally three days a week over some large properties, throughout this cutting season and realized what was happening near the end of the year. I read in this and other forums what other LCO's were experiencing with the flex forks but I've learned to try to be unbiased and fair with my conclusions basing them on my experiences. I did not see any problems in the beginning but now I do.

The idea of the flex forks is a great one. However the tension controlling the rebound of these insterments has changed over the year ( I have approx. 350 hours on my Super Z). The stability of the front end is not the same as in the beginning.

I realize the people that have fiduciary responsibility for the flex fork product must project a positive, nothing is wrong with this merchandise attitude, however what other LCO's and I have experienced is not imaginary. It's my understanding you may make these for other ZTRs on the market in the future. Someone may want to look much closer before turning this loose on the lawn maintenance world.

Again I appreciate what you do as a mediator between your company and the customer. Normally you leave the customer happy with a warm feeling about Hustler. It's not happening in this situation.

mowerconsultant
12-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I am sorry you feel this way, we have sold tons of these and had minimal complaints, the ones we did test that were from the field, where someone said they were weaker, actually tested out as good as a new set, but we still continue to test and evaluate them.
Did you talk to your dealer like I had mentioned?
Did our regional representative get in contact with you?
You can return them if you feel they are not what you expected, like I said you have to do this through your dealer.
Let me know.

Pj

jcltyson
12-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Just wanted you to know field rep. Eddie W. came to my shop today. We looked over & discussed the subject of flex forks. After some thoughts/ideas were hashed out we came to a mutual agreement.
I may regret saying this later but I never experienced customer service as good as this with any other company in this arena. Hustler seems to go the extra mile to 'make things right for their customers'. Thank you for the help. We will see how things work out.

mowerconsultant
12-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Good to hear.
Eddie is a great guy and I am sure he and your dealer will take care of you.

Pj

gene gls
12-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Just wanted you to know field rep. Eddie W. came to my shop today. We looked over & discussed the subject of flex forks. After some thoughts/ideas were hashed out we came to a mutual agreement.
I may regret saying this later but I never experienced customer service as good as this with any other company in this arena. Hustler seems to go the extra mile to 'make things right for their customers'. Thank you for the help. We will see how things work out.

Soooo whats the decision????????

puppypaws
12-13-2006, 08:24 PM
I am sorry you feel this way, we have sold tons of these and had minimal complaints, the ones we did test that were from the field, where someone said they were weaker, actually tested out as good as a new set, but we still continue to test and evaluate them.
Did you talk to your dealer like I had mentioned?
Did our regional representative get in contact with you?
You can return them if you feel they are not what you expected, like I said you have to do this through your dealer.
Let me know.

PjIf they tested the same as a new set someone needs to look at their inferior method of testing or their ability to comprehend the information acquired from the test. I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt they will weaken with time and the ones I sent back to the factory were a great deal weaker than the new ones we replaced them with. The mower operated like it was an entirely different machine, it gave the same ride and cut it had given when it was new. I really find it hard to believe their testing procedures are so poor they can not find a difference when the operators are able to see and tell just by the ride and cut it does not operate the same as when they purchased the flex forks new.