PDA

View Full Version : use for mowers?

lawnboy82
06-25-2001, 12:42 AM
hey guys. i was asked to cut a couple of lawns for a friend's father. only 3 lawns. big though. he gave me his great dane to use for them. it was one of those stand on things, where you have to lean forward. i have used riders many times in the past, Turf tigers, Walkers, and Lazer Z's. i tried this thing today and was not impressed. i found that whatever would hit my face or upper body when i am on the Z or tiger or whatever, double that, or triple that is what hit me. i had a hard time turning on hills, and goin down hills, and it didnt want to go up hills either. i constantly felt as though the machine was going to roll on me. i also almost took out a mailbox because it wouldnt go across a hill. for those of you who use this form of machine, what purpose does it serve? where is its niche? cause i feel that it fills no specific need. i could have done the hills that this would not do with a walker or tiger. so if you have one, what do you use it for? where does this machine have an advantage over the competition? or is it just a cheap pos?

KirbysLawn
06-25-2001, 03:38 AM
You talking about this: http://www.carswelldist.com/prodgifs/popupjpegs/024gdsupersurfer.jpg

If so, the first time I used one it was different to say the least. However, I think they are very productive and with the wide wheel base they do very well on hills once you figure them out. If I buy a new mower this year the Super Surfer will probably be the one.

awm
06-25-2001, 11:30 AM
i think this one takes a little learning the dos an donts.
i do prefer to set.after you learned the machine,you would probably secretely think yours was just a little better than the rest.
like most of the rest of us.later on now.

Grassman
06-25-2001, 06:27 PM
A freind of mine let me use his last year and I thought it was fantastic. The machine was well balanced and FAST! Climbing curbs was a challenge at first though, you have to pop the front end up, hit the curb, and let the massive rear wheels dig in and climb it. I'd buy one or a Wright stander over a hydro walkbehind. Russ

lawnboy82
06-25-2001, 09:57 PM
its basically the same machine, except i think the wheels were a lot smaller. how do you climb hills with that? when putting it on and off the trailer i thought it was gonna roll back and kill me. also, what is to keep you from falling off when goin up a hill? i guess it does take some getting used to...