PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu, GMC W flat nosed truck questions???

Gatewayuser
12-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Anyone with a Isuzu, GMC flat nosed W truck please help!
My exhaust brake on my 1987 GMC W45042 with 3.9lt turbo Isuzu diesel is not working I think. How can I check it? I can't move it by hand so is it stuck? Also my econo light is flashing and the trans won't go any higher then 2nd. It worked fine until I hit the econo switch. Anyone ever had this problem this thing is driving me bonkers! They said at the dealer it could be the parking brake or the the exhaust brake that could cause all the problems. My parking brake cable is out of the drum so thats not good. The truck has only 124,000 miles on it. The tow bill will be $150 each way and the shop fee of $180 just to look at it.

gene gls
12-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I guess there is a reason you got a good deal on it when you bought it. Best thing to do now is have a dealer go through it and bite the bullet on the cost to get it running properly.

Gatewayuser
12-09-2006, 11:25 PM
I guess there is a reason you got a good deal on it when you bought it. Best thing to do now is have a dealer go through it and bite the bullet on the cost to get it running properly.

I got it for an even trade for a truck I never used but it still makes me mad. But it will be like new in a month or so. I will be posting before and after pics.