PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Rain

Charles
06-25-2001, 08:22 PM
We had rain on a regular basis this year for a change. Hasn't been this way in the past 3.5 years. Seems that the entire weather pattern has changed from the years of drought(knock on wood). No 100 degree temps yet either. I hope this is some type of permanent change at least for a few years in the future. Rained all day today with some nasty thunder boomers. This is incredible for a usually dry month of june. But it is still hard to relax and enjoy it and not think it will all of a sudden dry up over nite. I think I am suffering from post traumatic drought syndrome where disaster lurks around the corner.

65hoss
06-25-2001, 10:28 PM
GW brought the rain about. :p No more global warming.

Its been regular around here until recently. We are hopefully going to have some this week.

HOMER
06-25-2001, 11:20 PM
Ditto on that Charles,

I haven't seen things this green in a loonnnnnnnnnnng time. I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts and try to stay caught up as best I can (ya right).

Rooster
06-25-2001, 11:28 PM
Homey,

If you need any help spending the extra money, just email me. I help all I can!

:blob3: :laugh: :blob3:

kutnkru
06-25-2001, 11:31 PM
They say that the earth has almost completed its circle and is almost back to ground zero which means that the weather patterns are returning to the way they were originally.

Just what some say. I know that I like being able to somewhat rely on what the weather patterns show to adjust our schedules for maintenance and construction.

Praise to Rah!!!
Kris

awm
06-26-2001, 08:41 AM
AMEN looking good here too.

Island Lawn
06-26-2001, 08:55 AM
Yesterday was the first good rain we had in quite a while!
The frogs were croaking, the birds were chirping, and the thunder added a nice bassline...beautiful music!

More rain predicted for today!

Scarcity makes the heart grow fonder!
Rain is beautiful!

lawrence stone
06-26-2001, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Charles

I think I am suffering from post traumatic drought syndrome where disaster lurks around the corner.

Is that another excuse to drown your children?

GrassMaster
06-26-2001, 10:23 AM
Hello Everybody:

Charles, you too Homer & Others! :-)

I've wanted rain so bad I pray for it all the time, LOL it's a past time for us Southern Folks. I've heard others make fun of it & it really upset me at times.

My 25 degree 900 foot driveway is washing away & my Roof is leaking bad at the shop. I thank God for every drop we get, I'm proud of my leaking roof & washing away driveway. I wouldn't have it any other way!

I just Hope & Pray for all that it continues. I'm tired of me & all the others, also the Green Industry folks not doing well from the drought.

WE DESERVE A LOT BETTER, BECAUSE OF ALL OUR HARD WORK & SACRIFICES!

That's a Fact Jack! I'm sitting on over a 120 repairs & all but the ones we need to order parts for will be done by Thursday or Friday! LOL, I love it so MUCH! :-) Only 2 Techs me & my wife, we are a killer team! Last year the Techs watched TV, this year they are knocking out repairs left & right.

One asked me last year when I was going to let him go & I told him when we close the doors. They have been loyal to me. One been there 12 years & the other 7 years. The shop can not be complete with out them. They know it & I know it too. Yes their paychecks come out of my savings last year, butt I remember all those years they worked hard. I never forget those that help me, never. I believe in Loyalty 100% & then some, now they know it? They are off July 4th till the Next Monday with full pay & Bonuses! They do not know it yet!

I have more work in my shop in the past week than any month to month & a half of last year.

I know you guys could tell in the past how bitter I was & it was just killing me (the drought) LOL, sometimes I didn't think I was going to make it. This Nightmarish Donkey Ride was almost 3 years for me & I know some of you T00! It had wiped out my Savings & was barely hanging on to my almost paid for Shop. I was so scared I might have to give it up? The Shop was my reward for my Hard 5 years in the Lawn service business & it was slowely fading. Now if it Keeps up the rest of year I'll be OK. Next year if it keeps up I can add back to my savings! Then I will be Whole once again!

My family Suffered the worst & still endured all the Hardships that I felt I bestowed upon them. They never complained? They deserved a Hellofa lot Better. In over 30 years, I never had a hard time spending $500 or so Dollars ever, because money always flowed like water, LOL a pun. During this drought we had to do without just to save a Couple of hundred for TV repair. It was so hard on us, butt again the family never complained.

I had a terrible heat stroke years ago, My AC went out in my Truck (Black, with Black Interior) & I get into truck & by the time I got home my head would be killing me. No shade in parking lot & can't leave windows down because of my Real Happy Customers liked to leave Presents in my truck, if they were to lazy to spit or kick it in? You've never lived till you get a Retail Business, the rewards go beyond your Wildest dreams! Next week I have the air compressor replaced & go home Happy once again! :-)

BRAG, BRAG, BRAG!!!!!
I'm taking my family to one of the Nicest 2 bedroom, 2 bath Condos that Destin, Florida has for the 4th of July! They are tickled to death. All because of this Wonderful Gift God has Gave us! Every Summer on the 4th of July since 1995 My wife & I have went to Destin, one of the Top 8 Rated Beaches in the World. It's 40 miles West of Panama City Florida. For the past 3 years we couldn't afford to go anywhere because of the drought. Now that has changed!!!!!! :-)

There is a group of us that meet there in Santa, Rosa next to Destin at this Guys house. He lives on the Bay & he has a 50 foot fishing boat. We meet there & he takes us to the 4th of July FireWorks show on the other side of the Bay. About 30 or so minute ride. About 25 give or take go with him? We get within about 200 yards of the Display. LOL, the last time we went there was a problem & a $120,000 worth of Fireworks went off in about 7 minutes. LOL we new it was going to be a killer show & then it was over?

This group of us are from all over the Country & a few are Locals in Destin. A Great Group of people from all walks of life, LOL, I'm the JawJa RedNeck & they love it. We have a lot of fun, We all promise to never communicate to each other we just meet there & catch up on all the Mumbo Jumbo that has happened in our lives. We will probably loose a couple or so & gain a few too! I know they think I'm gone too!

We all after the Fireworks go to AJ's, it's like a 2 Storey Hut & Party like a Bunch of Wild Dogs to about 4:00 or so in the Morning. We always have a spot saved at the dock in front of AJ's to park the boat. Yes even our Kids have a Great time! A chosen few stay at the boat & look after the None Cutters that need sleep. While the rest of us Dance Like Heathens to the live Band! :-)

This is all made possible by the Almighty, I hope you guys are as Happy as I am about this Wonderful Gift!

Charles
06-26-2001, 06:13 PM
I am glad that everyone is doing so much better this year. Grassmaster, I remember your suffering last year. Man, the past few years have been a real killer. Hope we can all make up for some lost money. I guess we cant make up for it but only look forward and hope it doesnt come back for awhile. It rained this afternoon but i was up early and got alot of work done.
Lawrence, I think that is post partum severe depression leading to physicosis--end result was dead kids. She should have killed herself before she harmed them.