PDA

View Full Version : Walker Mowers

cuttingedgeland
06-25-2001, 09:58 PM
Does any one have a simplified maintenance schedule for the Walker? The manuel is very detailed and when I give it to my crews they do not understand... (it takes me 20 min. just to read through it!)

Also.. any one know where to purchace air filters and prefilters for this machine online? No one seems to have them. IM talking about the pre filter before it gets to the engine(has an outer and an inner filter) My dealer is getting me for like $40 bucks :eek: and we change them monthly.

coalburner
06-25-2001, 11:08 PM
I bought a Donalson (sp?) air filter at NAPA for $19.00.

coalburner

Grapevine
06-26-2001, 06:32 AM
I finally found someone that sells Walker parts for less than the dealer. precoparts.com located in Ludlow, Mass. I ordered and paid with a check and it took them awhile, so if you order get enough to last you and use a credit card, it will be faster. Get the catologue and see what you think. I've turned a number of Landcapers in my area on to buying online and through catologues that my local dealer has said he'll try and match prices,
We'll see.

LJ lawn
06-26-2001, 09:16 PM
are you running a diesel? try ENGINE DISTRIBUTORS in camden NJ call info for a listing. i buy the original equipment KUBODA filters for abot $10 bucks each.yeah ,i laughed at the last guy who gave me the $40 price.unfortunately they don't make a pre-filter for these so i've been experimenting with different things (pantyhose/foam)so i can stretch out the filter change a little longer.

gene gls
06-26-2001, 10:01 PM
Precoparts "is" a Walker dealer,along with several other brands, only he is selling you after market parts that will "fit" your machine but are not of the same quality as original equipment parts. Been there done that but not any more.

Gene