PDA

View Full Version : fuel transfer system

pclawncare
12-10-2006, 07:49 PM
does anyone on here have a fuel transfer tank for their mowers that they carry on their trailer id like to see some pic or where did you get it from? just looking for ideas for next season

Gravel Rat
12-11-2006, 12:22 AM
If your talking about gas its not that safe to have a large mass quantity of regular gas on your trailer. It might not be legal either. My biggest worry is static build up then boom :eek:

pclawncare
12-11-2006, 12:26 AM
humm ok so how do other people on her get gas into their mowers? anyone have any ways they do it. This year i used gas cans that i carried 3-5 gallon cans and 1-5 gallon can of mixed i just get tired of picking them up everytime 5 gallons of gas is alot to move multipul times in a day over and over. Any suggestions from you guys that go through alot of gas. I use the bed of my pickup to haul my grass in so i want to keep as much of that space as possible as it is at a premium, but how do the rest of you guys move large amounts of gas?

Gravel Rat
12-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Your probably stuck with gas cans or your other option is having a 45 gallon drum or its the size of drums we have here they hold 45 imperial gallons. Its legal to carry a 45 gallon drum. You would have to have ground straps that you hook to the mower while your pumping fuel out of of the drum it grounds the static electricity.

Scag48
12-11-2006, 02:31 PM
There are different regulations for gasoline. I'd check state laws to see how many gallons you can carry and what a legal container to carry it would be.