PDA

View Full Version : MKWL's new equipment storage building "addition"

mkwl
12-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Here's a few pics of my new 12x12x8 Shed-in-a-box storage building for the equipment I have recently acquired (Gravely 817 utility tractor with attatchments, Troy Bilt chipper/shredder/truckloader, Troy Bilt rototiller, Echo trimmer, Mantis mini-tiller). I got it put together in about 4 hours, and is perfect for storing the rest of my equipment I can't fit in my main building!

Here's the pics:

RedMax Man
12-10-2006, 09:53 PM
That's cool, i would mind having one of those. I want to get an enclosed trailer first.

LawnInOrder
12-10-2006, 10:25 PM
That's cool, i would mind having one of those. I want to get an enclosed trailer first.

Me too. First on the lsit is a truck, then def an enclosed trailer. Best thing is having storage on wheeels. :walking: ...

BTW MKWL: nice storage building. have you changed anything in your other storage building or has it remaind the same. LawnInOrder

BUCKEYE MOWING
12-10-2006, 10:38 PM
That's great ! I need that ..but like the others ..I want an enclosed trailer first .

Gatewayuser
12-10-2006, 10:57 PM
I have a 26x32 shop and a 14x20 shed but I am out of room. I need a place to store fert and salt. How much did that cost and does it sweat?

mkwl
12-10-2006, 10:59 PM
I have a 26x32 shop and a 14x20 shed but I am out of room. I need a place to store fert and salt. How much did that cost and does it sweat?

Thanks guys! I paid $299 for it, from Northerntool.com. So far as I can tell, it doesn't "sweat", but again I've only had it for a little over 2 weeks.

mkwl
12-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Me too. First on the lsit is a truck, then def an enclosed trailer. Best thing is having storage on wheeels. :walking: ...

BTW MKWL: nice storage building. have you changed anything in your other storage building or has it remaind the same. LawnInOrder

Thanks, my main building has pretty much remained the same, I just couldn't fit any more equipment into it. I can also store fertilizer, salt, calcium chloride, etc in my new storage building.

W.L.S.27
12-11-2006, 09:53 PM
How is it anchored to the ground? Or is it?... is the thing pretty stable or will a good wind knock it over?

mkwl
12-11-2006, 10:17 PM
How is it anchored to the ground? Or is it?... is the thing pretty stable or will a good wind knock it over?

It's anchored in 6 places by large augers that screw in to the ground about 2'. Is it stable and well built...h*ll yeah!!! I put it up the day before a day when we had 60MPH winds, and 2" of rain, and it had no problem weathering the storm at all!

sildoc
12-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Saw a few of those rolling around last week when whe had 30+ winds and 60+ gusts.
Our city has required any temporary building be secured to the ground.

Idealtim
12-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Yea that wind storm was something. Blew alot of leaves around.

J&R Landscaping
12-13-2006, 11:38 PM
I had one of those last year but right around thanksgiving, we had a bad wind storm that brought a tree down. Needless to say, the tree fell right on the thing and bent several of the poles pretty good. I just moved everything into the garage.

I am now in the proccess pof moving everything out of the garage and it will be moved to a commercial Landscapers yard that houses 4-7 other landscapers.

gardenkeeper88
12-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Sorry but I see theft waiting to happen unless you spent the money you save on a permanent structure on some type of security.

mkwl
12-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Sorry but I see theft waiting to happen unless you spent the money you save on a permanent structure on some type of security.

Okay, well the building is behind my other main building, which is 1000' off our secondary dead end road, and is out of plain sight. Nothing in the new shed is overly valueable, my main shed is locked up. I'm not too concerned about theft, though I suppose it could happen.