PDA

View Full Version : Gnats!

SMB
06-25-2001, 11:34 PM
UGH!
They get in your eyes, ears, face, and I can't stand it!

Better keep moving! :angry:

cp
06-25-2001, 11:47 PM
Those little spongy things do more than keep the noise out:p

TLS
06-26-2001, 12:11 AM
The spittle bugs (dont know their real name) are more of a problem for me! They are the little 1/8" hopping/flying things that barn swallows like to buzz me to eat. They make the stuff that looks like spit on the pine trees. Yuck!

SLS
06-26-2001, 12:38 AM
The Gnats are pretty bad around here
right now....

...but its the CHIGGERS that will eat
you alive!:angry:

joshua
06-26-2001, 02:18 AM
last week, me and my crew was at a stop light and swarm or bees came by, i would say it was about 15x15x15 (the swarm), now those suckers could of eaten anyone alive

TJLC
06-26-2001, 06:38 AM
They are terrible. I also have a problem with biting flies when I am around canals mowing and trimming. Bug repellent is becomming my best friend!!! I hate having to use so much of it but what can you do.

PrimeGreen Lawn
06-26-2001, 07:54 AM
I don't know if any of you mow around ponds, but I have one that is knat, and mosquito heaven! I absolutely have to wear long pants, long shirt, and even at times my ski goggles (totally sealed, but breathable).

Island Lawn
06-26-2001, 08:47 AM
our gnats are special! They come with TEETH!
Then there's the mosquitos..

But nothing like the dozen or so different species of biting flies!
With so many different sizes, shapes, and colors, everyone can have a favorite!

AltaLawnCare
06-26-2001, 09:15 AM
Gnats, Mosquitos, and spiders and their webs. I really hate spider webs and they seem to be all over the place.:mad:

GrassMaster
06-26-2001, 09:20 AM
Hello Everybody:

I honestly didn't know that Gnats the JawJa State Bird went that far up North?

I lived in sorta South JawJa most of my life, I's 46 & lived in Albany, JawJa. Gnats everywhere, LOL they never bothered me because I was used to them & they everywhere, been around them most of my life?

Then in 1992 I moved North about 85 miles to Columbus, JawJa & NO Gnats. About 6 Months later I went back to Albany & those Aggervatethecrapoutofya GNATS about drove me Crazy. Yes there's a few in Columbus butt not many?

So I just thought that was where the GNATS Stopped. LOL, I've been telling everybody that we live North of the Gnat line?

Now I wonder why there is so few Gnats in Columbus, JawJa & then a little farther Narth you have them again?

LOL, Is anybody out there a Gnatologist & could explain this Mystery to me.

Skookum
06-27-2001, 06:51 AM
Never have any around here till this year! They are really bad this summer.