PDA

View Full Version : Massey Ferguson

blake
06-26-2001, 12:12 AM
Does any body run Massey Ferguson lawn mowers. Better known as Simpicity. There good. Does any do mowing as an after hours moon lighting job. I've discovered it's good money. About $1500 or $1700 per month if you like to work.

65hoss
06-26-2001, 12:43 AM
Nope we haven't discovered that. ;)

Just kidding. There are a lot of part-timers here on lawnsite. As far a simplicity, well, I guess the name says it all.

You will find that a majority of us run exmarks, toros, dixies, danes, grasshoppers, etc. By the way, welcome to lawnsite.

Scag48
06-26-2001, 02:05 AM
Well said 65Hoss. Most of the guys here run commercial mowers. I like Toro, but if I end up buying a hydro walkbehind in the next couple of years, I'm going to go with Exmark. Right now I've got a Toro residential 21", and a Toro Groundsmaster 44" deck. Mowing by moonlight? I don't recommend it. The lord only knows what you can and cannot see.

SLS
06-26-2001, 04:04 AM
Howdy blake, and welcome to the boards.

I have heard of Simplicity mowers but never noticed one around my area. I guess it's got great headlights for that "moonlight mowing" huh? I know that my little Scotts 1642 lights up the ground real well and managed to keep up with 18 accounts (1 to 1 1/2 acre res.)last year. Seems like it was always dark when I was able to do my own lawn........:rolleyes:

Maybe it's time to mount a huge pair of Hella's on my Lazer Z...:D

I do see quite a few BIG Massey Ferguson tractors on the farms around here.

Mowing "on the side" is great...until liability issues come up (priced a windshield for a Lexus or a human eyeball lately?) and then the I.R.S. agents appear........:(

Be careful...and SAFE!