PDA

View Full Version : Hedge trimmers

Grapevine
06-26-2001, 06:21 AM
Curious as to what you guys are using to prune bushes. I have a combination of gas and electric. Stihl for gas and Echo for electric.
I like the electric (keep a generator on the trailer) because it's light and can use it all day without fatigue, but I burn out the motors about every 2 years. My employees like the Stihl because they don't have to worry about cutting cords. All are 24" bars. My dealer has an echo 1500 for $365.00, Home Depot has the same one for a $100.00 less, what's the opinion on the Echo.

guntruck
06-26-2001, 07:18 AM
Not sure on the Echo but we have shindaiwa hedgers double sided. I love them they are absolutely wonderful and very powerful. We just bought the articulating hedger atatchment for our Echo split boom, although only used once they seem really good too and man let me tell you its great eliminating a ladder in alot of spots!!!

GrassMaster
06-26-2001, 03:09 PM
Hello Everybody:

The Suggested Retail Price for the Echo HC-1500 is $269.99? Gross Profit at this price is about $50, it's not much but 18% is close for mark up on most all Echo products? Deduct shipping, handling, Displaying, trying to sell the unit, servicing out the unit, doing the paper work, etc... & then LOL figure out what your profit is? Retail is for the Birds!

If that Dealer sells much he's making a killing! LOL, I have to sell 3 units to make what he does on one unit, No probably 4 or 5 units because he's only servicing out one unit & trying to sell one unit? I don't have my notebook handy but I think the longest begging record to get a customer to purchase one is almost 2 hours.

I'm in the Wrong place at the Wrong Time? :-)

David Gretzmier
06-27-2001, 12:00 AM
have used the echo in various bars and guises and it is a good rig. The stihl with the rotating handle is a good one as well, and you need the stihl fs85 with the articulating attatchment too. Just buy it and love it, don't fret over the cost. dave g

TJLC
06-27-2001, 06:03 AM
I own an Echo 1500. I don't use it as much as I'm sure alot of people here do, but so far it works fine. I think I paid about $270.00 plus tax at my dealer.