PDA

View Full Version : Excited Finally Comming Back

ron
06-26-2001, 09:36 AM
Man in just a few days I will be returning back to my favorite work Doing Lawns. WOW what a long wait,Been out since May 15 because of my ole back accident/I feel like a new LCO once again, Hey thanks for all your support YOU ALL ARE A LIKE FAMILY TO ME.......

HOMER
06-26-2001, 09:39 AM
Great to hear your on the comeback trail. Be careful and take it slow. Too much time off and your liable to try and over do it.

ron
06-26-2001, 09:49 AM
Hey thanks Homer
Well I really do have to start all over again I lost all my clients except one,hey this will be an adventure to me once again

racerdave
06-26-2001, 10:15 AM
Congrats Ron!! please be careful, watch that back.
David

awm
06-26-2001, 01:08 PM
not a doctor ron but my doctor told me that most back operations fail because people feel so good they put to much pressure on the
area operated on.good luck bud,and welcome back.

Island Lawn
06-26-2001, 01:51 PM
Congrats
Good Luck
DONT OVER DO IT!

That one client that kept you should get special treatment.

scottb
06-26-2001, 03:26 PM
Nice to have you back just take it easy and becareful out there.
Goodluck

CSRA Landscaping
06-26-2001, 03:32 PM
Glad to hear that, Ron. Do take it easy. Don't take it lazy. Good luck and God bless.

Fantasy Lawns
06-26-2001, 04:00 PM
Good Luck Ron .....I wear one of those back supports when doing big hedging myself or humping lots of mulch .....anyways You know it's hott down here n the slackers will be droping like fly's .....great time to round up some fresh work ;->

script
06-26-2001, 04:02 PM
Hey Ron glad to hear you're coming back. But I'll repeat it like a broken record, take it slow and let yourself adjust to the hard work. Take care and good luck.

Bobby

lawrence stone
06-26-2001, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ron
Hey thanks Homer
Well I really do have to start all over again I lost all my clients except one,hey this will be an adventure to me once again

Now that you are starting from scratch here is my advice:

Target the best hoods and say the hell with the rest.

Get yourself a copy on INFO usa and do a direct mail letter campaign with the
prospects name hand written on the envelope. You can have the prospects name in type on the intro letter inside.

Put up a website to dazzle them with BS.

Sell them a monthly package deal on mowing, fertilizations, pest apps,
and shrub and tree trimming.

If you are going to get into this full time after you retire I suggest you look into buying an old van with a bucket from the
cable company to trim high stuff.

You can get a 48" mower in the back of van with a handy ramp gate.
The gate for vans is mounted on the inside of the van.

trimmer
06-26-2001, 04:31 PM
Sometimes I wish I could start all over. You can build a better clientel now and maybe a better paycheck.

Eric ELM
06-26-2001, 07:48 PM
Take it easy, hmmm, I think I heard that before. :)

I wear a leather lifting belt if I go out side to do anything. It sure helps to hold that back together. It will help to hold you together on the mower too. It is hot, but it helps. Give it a try. ;)

Best of luck to you Ron. I hope everything works out good for you.

kutnkru
06-26-2001, 08:05 PM
Ron
Welcome back to the land of the Wild Green Yonder!!

I hope that all works out well for you this time around.:D
Kris

lee b
06-26-2001, 08:36 PM
Best of luck, hope everything works out great for you.

sheppard
06-26-2001, 09:19 PM
Congradulations! Glad to hear your back in the swing of things. Find a good massage therapist and keep the back loose. (Go for a good looking young female type).

Sheppard

KirbysLawn
06-26-2001, 10:53 PM
Ron, good luck and TAKE it easy! Don't hurt that spine anymore!

Southern Lawns
06-26-2001, 11:00 PM
Ron,
Glad you're on your way! Take it slow and try and enjoy the process.
Raymond

David Gretzmier
06-26-2001, 11:04 PM
good luck ron! cruise high end, flat neighborhoods and look for properties that need help. sell yourself and take it easy. don't do $25 yards unless they take less than 5 minutes! and that's including drive time! lol Dave g

Holloway Lawns
06-26-2001, 11:32 PM
Ron

Glad to here your back at it take it easy though be carefull and good luck to you.:angel:

KD'sLawns
06-27-2001, 05:48 AM
Welcome back Ron, thought that you would be down for a much longer period of time. As everyone has already stated, ease yourself into it because you could easily hurt your back again. Do you still have your FT job? Be careful on those ladders.

ron
06-27-2001, 09:42 PM
Hey read my libs "NO MORE LADDERS" this os my new motto
I have learned my lesson the hard way I will stick to lawn cutting and only shrubs no taller then 5ft. I really think you all for all your support.without you LCO'S I would be NUTS..as for as my other job well I will be back in full swing July 10 with the state as a correctional officer and working part time in Lawn Care....YOU ALL ARE TOO COOL...........

MOW ED
06-28-2001, 07:34 AM
Great to hear Ron.

Keep us informed on how things are going. Be picky,stay safe.

Good Luck.