PDA

View Full Version : ???clean Ups???

milsaps118
12-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Anyone still getting calls for leaf clean ups? I got 1 last week and 2 so far this week. Towards the end of November when it started getting cold I had about 10 calls.

Almost thinking about pulling out the equipment if I get any more calls, the weather has been so mild here (30's-40's) that it is very tempting. I'm not making any $$$ sitting around here praying for it to snow!!!!!!!!:cry: :cry:

Uranus
12-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I had a full time customer call on behalf of a friend of hers today. She told me this other lady was waiting for me to give here a price for a fall cleanup. I called this old lady over a month ago and left a price on her answering machine. She called back and left 2 different messages about the price saying it was to high and on the second call she said no thank you. No bid deal, but today my customer calls saying this other lady has some work that she needs done before it snows. Its Dec 13th. We should have snow by now and she still has work to be done. Talk about dragging her feet. I'm not pulling out all my winterized gear to work for this lady. It sounds like she is not quit all there. Whats next, sign her for mowing and get the calls saying she was billed for a mow when I wasn't there. Plus it is the 1 mile past the limit of where I do my business. Other than that the phone has not rang since the end of Nov.

IN2MOWN
12-13-2006, 05:04 PM
I started on all my final cleanups this week. I have about 30 more to go which Im hoping to get done by the end of next week. I have had some calls here and there for one time jobs but thats about it.

milsaps118
12-13-2006, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=IN2MOWN]I started on all my final cleanups this week. I have about 30 more to go which Im hoping to get done by the end of next week./QUOTE]

You normally wait this long to do final clean ups?

IN2MOWN
12-13-2006, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=IN2MOWN]I started on all my final cleanups this week. I have about 30 more to go which Im hoping to get done by the end of next week./QUOTE]

You normally wait this long to do final clean ups?

Sometimes I do them into January weather permitting. We got a snow/ice storm about 2 weeks ago and it finally melted late last week. Ill start the first of my cleanups in late October and hit the houses once every 10 days to 2 weeks. Plus alot of the pin-oaks dont drop around here till December. I also try to spread them out as late as possible to spread my income out so I still have billing going out in January and money coming in February. I then take February off and get everything ready for March when I start my spring cleanups and first mows.