PDA

View Full Version : I got to pay to get the mag.

Doin_It
12-13-2006, 09:29 PM
So I emailed the good folks at Turf Mag and wanted to know if they ship thier product to Canada. They said sure........... for $24. It's not like we don't buy all the turf equipment etc. made in the US for what we do up here (who buy the way way for their mag. through ads). So I guess I'll just keep mowing my 150 customers and keep spraying my 500+ and not subscripe to Turf Mag. just on the pricipal of it all.

grandview (2006)
12-13-2006, 10:05 PM
I'll bet they will take care of you.

1MajorTom
12-13-2006, 11:45 PM
You could always consider moving to the U.S. ... I'm just kidding with you. The people at Turf are good people, I'm sure they will see this thread and get back with you on a response.

Prestige-Lawncare
12-13-2006, 11:59 PM
So I emailed the good folks at Turf Mag and wanted to know if they ship thier product to Canada. They said sure........... for $24. It's not like we don't buy all the turf equipment etc. made in the US for what we do up here (who buy the way way for their mag. through ads). So I guess I'll just keep mowing my 150 customers and keep spraying my 500+ and not subscripe to Turf Mag. just on the pricipal of it all.

They are good people ... but there are additional charges to mailing items out of the country. And if you are mowing 150, and spraying 500+ accounts ... $2.00 a month is pocket change.

:usflag:

Doin_It
12-14-2006, 01:39 AM
I agree 100% what $2, it's the principal of it all don't you you think. We use Walkers and Toro's, and spray with Lesco products, hang our tools off of Jungle Jim's, trim and blow with Sthil, now I don't know for sure, but maybe one of them pay to advertise in their Mag.

Now do I pay to get "Passage Maker" the trawler and ocean motorboat mag., but then I'm not in that industry and look there for info.

But hey...maybe it's just me. Mybe I've got cabin fever and need something for free, like you get, to perk me up.

DBL
12-14-2006, 01:46 AM
its not turf mag that is making money on this its the post offices fee they charge to ship this so dont complain to them they already offer a free mag they shouldnt have to pay to ship across the border

kathyu
12-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Hey! That's the email I answered yesterday. Funny thing is, while I was typing the response, I wondered if this guy was a Lawnsite member, and then figured "nay....otherwise he would have mentioned it." (as most of our Canadian readers do.)
Anyway, here's the deal, if you live in Canada and are a member of Lawnsite you need to email me with your name and address and mention that you learned about us thru Lawnsite. Then I can set you up with a free subscription.
It does cost extra to ship out of the country which is why we charge $24 a year.
I apologize for the confusion and thank all of you who defended my position! If DOIN IT will send me his mailing info and make sure to mention Lawnsite, I'll get his subscription entered today. kupton@mrpllc.com

Thanks guys!

Kathy

J&R Landscaping
12-14-2006, 10:26 AM
That price probably cover the duties and taxes for out of the country shippment. I wouldnt worry about, its a write off anyways.

BSDeality
12-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey! That's the email I answered yesterday. Funny thing is, while I was typing the response, I wondered if this guy was a Lawnsite member, and then figured "nay....otherwise he would have mentioned it." (as most of our Canadian readers do.)
Anyway, here's the deal, if you live in Canada and are a member of Lawnsite you need to email me with your name and address and mention that you learned about us thru Lawnsite. Then I can set you up with a free subscription.
It does cost extra to ship out of the country which is why we charge $24 a year.
I apologize for the confusion and thank all of you who defended my position! If DOIN IT will send me his mailing info and make sure to mention Lawnsite, I'll get his subscription entered today. kupton@mrpllc.com

Thanks guys!

Kathy

Way to go Kathy! It's nice to see a company take care of its readers like that.

Doin_It
12-14-2006, 03:21 PM
As 1MajorTom, (Jodi) said, You could always consider moving to the U.S funny thing is I just called today to check on my green card (which is pink now adays, by the way) as it expires soon, But my wife doesn't want to move back to California. She says why do we want to work year round, now we take the winters totaly off and travel and we get medicare here and she likes the child support checks she gets each month for the kids. Though they've changed it now so its based on income, so they aren't like before. So thanks Jodi for the invite, my wife was originally from back east, MI. so if your comming up to the "Greatest Outdoor Show in the World" you've got a place to stay, only problem is Calgary Stampede is in the summer. We're to busy to go ourselves some summers.

kerry-tn
12-15-2006, 09:28 PM
----doin it----

I tell you what......for the low...low....price of $19.95 I'll send my copy of Lawn Site each month after I get enough bathroom reading out of it.

Doin_It
12-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Now your talking,if you can't get it for free, then get it at a garage sale for cheap, or in this case bathroom sale.