PDA

View Full Version : Backpack Sprayers

Brieldo
06-26-2001, 03:52 PM
I'm wondring if you guys have any insight into which brand/model of backpack sprayers are good for just general application of round-up. I dont want one with a built in blower, but a gas powered model would be nice. Any thoughts you have would be appreciated!:rolleyes:

Ben

Scraper
06-26-2001, 04:10 PM
With a question like that....are you even certified to be spraying herbicides?

An Echo backpack sprayer works fine for spraying round-up. Carries 3 gallons of mixture and is hand pump.

Brieldo
06-26-2001, 04:27 PM
ONe doesnt need to be certified to spray roundup for his own personal endevours=)

Ben

trimmer
06-26-2001, 04:35 PM
I have the top of the line echo backpack sprayer. I think I paid about 130 dollars for it. Next time I am going to get solo they run around 80 dollars. You don't need a gas powered one it is just extra weight. The backpack is nothing to do.

KirbysLawn
06-26-2001, 05:59 PM
I have a Solo and hate it, leaks all the time. I also have a SP3 and love it, a much better design!

jeffyr
06-26-2001, 06:28 PM
I have the echo 4 gallon. I think it could use a filter (like a screen) before the wand so the tip doesn't clog is a chunk of junk gets stuck. other than that I like it---but it sure would be better with padded shoulder straps (outch ! 4 gallons is like 30 pounds)

jeffyr

lee b
06-26-2001, 08:30 PM
I have a Solo and it's been really good. I've had it 5 years, sprayed hundreds of gallons thru it, including liquid nitrogen and haven't had any trouble yet.:blob3:

Southern Lawns
06-26-2001, 10:57 PM
SP3 for me, worth every penny. Ordered online and was on the door step in 3 days. Solid no leaking.

David Gretzmier
06-26-2001, 11:08 PM
solo's leak after a while, actually most do. the sp2's and sp3's are nicer, and get the optional support harness. I have seen rechargable backpacks on e-bay going for a hundred bucks or so. You can buy better wands and tips, strainers and check valves to stop the drips at the tip from tractor supply company. good luck. Dave g

Turfclippings
06-26-2001, 11:18 PM
I prefer the Solo over Echo when it buying a sprayer.
I have one of each and the Solo is easier to use and weighs less. The price is about the same. Solo is less pumping the handle verse the Echo can ware u out.

GreenQuest Lawn
06-26-2001, 11:44 PM
I have a solo. I Had a problem with it leaking once, Then I fixed it, and now it hasnt leaked a bit. Of course go with the diaphram not the piston pump.

cos
06-27-2001, 06:07 AM
Have a solo and no leakage. I like it. Glad there are simple parts for it too.

scottb
06-27-2001, 09:39 AM
I recently found a Northstar brand and the wand is stuck. Can any of you tell me if and where to buy replacement parts. Is this the brand sold by Northern Hydraulics. And no I dont use this for commerical use IM not licesend for it so I dont provide this service they are very strict about it around here. But it would be nice to use in and around my chicken house.

YLC1
06-27-2001, 11:14 AM
We have used Field King sprayers for about 7 years.The only problem we have had is the brass spray tube getting bent and ultimately broken in the back of the truck.(gotta get a rack)They are available at Tractor Supply for $79.The model we have has agatatiors that move every time the pump handle is moved.