PDA

View Full Version : Sightings - Thoughts

Toroguy
06-26-2001, 05:00 PM
Some things I have seen lately:

A Dixie Chopper in my area cutting the Ramada Inn. This is the only one I have seen around these parts. I didnt want to update the "Competitors Mowers" thread. So I believe I have a great market for Mower choices, we have them all.

I also noticed the third local operation using a Jeep CJ/Wrangler(s). An odd trend? It seems to be working out for these folks.

The gas prices are down to $1.30s, wonder if y'all are going to lower prices now? I recall the concern about runaway prices earlier, now nobody wants to lower rates?:)

Thats my report from my box under the bridge...

Scag48
06-26-2001, 05:56 PM
$1.30 for gas? Man, we're paying $1.59 here in Eastern Washington.

Some other things I've noticed:

1)Alot of fly-by-nighter LCO's. Man they're everywhere!
2)Lawns are still growing like crazy with 90-100 degree weather and are still staying green. You'd think this kind of heat would roast a lawn but I guess the customers like to water :D.
3)Competition has lightened up! I'm getting jobs left and right. Now I need to advertise alot. LOL. I figure anyone that doesn't have somebody mowing their lawn yet and are getting tired of mowing it themselves are about to come around, but we'll see. That's how I got my newest one, the homeowner has an injury and is not able to mow it any longer. He was fed up with the guys that mowed it last year so he hired me :D. Bring on the jobs!

Toroguy
06-26-2001, 06:31 PM
Same thing here Scag, A lady needed my service because her mower was broken, she got it fixed and then broke her toe...Im back.

Lots of calls from my original estimates from May, I assume the LCO(s) couldnt keep up with the heavy growth.

Low Gas prices save me $10.00 each week.

Scag48
06-26-2001, 06:34 PM
Don't you just love to see the scrubs crumble? LOL. More business for us I guess. I'm planning on going advertising again, mostly door to door. Hope I get some more! Glad business is going well for you too!

Jim White
06-26-2001, 06:45 PM
I saw another LCO using a three wheeled Lazer Z the other day, and I'm not kidding about it. The guy must have blown a tire or had a bearing problem and completly removed the wheel and caster. Yes he was mowing. And Yes the lawn looked OK even the hilly parts.

Chuck Sinclair
06-26-2001, 07:42 PM
Thats my report from my box under the bridge...

Toroguy

why did you steal my box:D

kutnkru
06-26-2001, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Jim White
I saw another LCO using a three wheeled Lazer Z the other day, ...

I saw a legitimate unit myself for the first time on a trailer at the local Home Center the other day. The unit looked like it was a military grey, and the name was Grazer(sp).

It actually looked like a fun machine to operate, and Im still looking for him out and about so I can get more info on what it is exactly and where its from.

Kris

Toroguy
06-26-2001, 10:09 PM
A three wheel ZTR...I would imagine a scalping problem. Most people dont carry a spare caster wheel, well except Stone®.

Chuck,
Your climate is more conducive to sleeping under a bridge without a box, it gets cold here, and I removed the serial number to avoid prosecution.:)

Chuck Sinclair
06-26-2001, 10:26 PM
I removed the serial number to avoid prosecution))
Toroguy,

:D I had a special satellite tracking device installed in my box ( I think they call it onbox )and I can see you sitting on my box :rolleyes: But since it is warm here you can keep the box (Always glade to help)

David Gretzmier
06-26-2001, 11:25 PM
gas is 1.31 per gallon here, we lift our 2% surcharge when it dips below 1.40. I have done the three wheel thing myself. Dave g

Vandora Lawn & Landscape
06-27-2001, 12:17 AM
I saw a lawn tractor that's a ztr. Its not a regular looking ztr. It's a tractor that instead of a steering wheel has two levers. Its got casters in the front. You know some homeowner is gonna kill themselves.

Toroguy
06-27-2001, 04:44 PM
Chuck, now that everything is cool between us I will install a air conditioner in the window I added. That should raise my property value.

Cullen, I think both Depot and Sears have homeowner ZTR's now. Hope this guy wasnt cutting for money.

David, I paid $1.33 today, Now I wonder if Milk-grocery prices will come back down.