PDA

View Full Version : Spindle ? on Exmark TurfTracer

NateinAtl
06-26-2001, 05:02 PM
My mower was vibrating and making a rattling sound. I looked underneath and noticed that if I hold the outside blades still, I can spin the middle blade. If I hold the middle blade still, I CAN"T spin the other blades. Do I have a problem with my middle spindle? If so, what can I do to remedy the situation? Thanks in advance

Richard Martin
06-27-2001, 04:55 AM
Checking the spindles is easy! Just remove the belt(s) from the spindle pulleys and then engage the blade engagement lever. Then reach underneath of the mower and grab the blade at the very end. Now try to rock the end of the blade up and down. If it moves more than the thickness of the blade than the spindle bearings are probably shot. Your blade rotation problem sounds more like a belt issue. If you haven't replaced them in a while do so and if they are new then make sure they are tensioned properly. For your vibration problem make sure the blades are not bent, make sure that they are balanced and make sure that there isn't a rock or something wedged into one of the pulleys.

Island Lawn
06-27-2001, 07:31 AM
Sounds like a belt issue.
Of course, disconnect spark plugs first!
my .02