PDA

View Full Version : Haulmark Kodiak LS enclosed trailers?

Prestige-Lawncare
12-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Do any of you use a Haulmark Kodiak LS enclosed trailer? I have looked at pictures of them on Haulmarks website, but don't find any on the lots or on the net.

It looks like a nice trailer ... but somehow I get the feeling it only comes in one combination of colors (it is two-tone). I somehow feel that it may be overpriced ... as some of the things that may come with it (cabinets inside, etc.) can be built or installed cheaper.

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL839/4414135/9828347/213640485.jpg

Website --> http://www.haulmark.com/php/products/submodel.view.php?sub_model_id=70147 (http://www.haulmark.com/php/products/submodel.view.php?sub_model_id=70147)

Any feedback?

HazellLawnCare
12-15-2006, 02:25 PM
I run all haulmark enclosed trailers right now. I buy a regular race trailer and add what options I want on it. I am sure you can buy that trailer in about any color you want. The smart thing to do is decide what you want and call about 15 different dealers and explain to them that you want to pick the trailer up at the factory and plan to purchase it from whoever can sell it the cheapest.

Prestige-Lawncare
12-15-2006, 02:52 PM
I run all haulmark enclosed trailers right now. I buy a regular race trailer and add what options I want on it. I am sure you can buy that trailer in about any color you want. The smart thing to do is decide what you want and call about 15 different dealers and explain to them that you want to pick the trailer up at the factory and plan to purchase it from whoever can sell it the cheapest.

That's kind of what I thought too. And with me living in Indiana, just a short driver (2 hours) up to Elkhart, I could pick up most brands of trailers.

Thanks ...

Dave

Lugnut
12-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Haulmark's are not as great as everyone makes them out to be. I've worked on a Haulmark 24 foot race trailer and wow is construction poor...when purchased new we paid extra for the obsevation platform on the roof but the first night it was out at the track, 2 people standing up there made the roof look like it was about to collapse. We had to redo that ourselves with 1 inch square tubing and sheets of diamond plate. We have also found inconsistancies in construction, one side of the trailer behind the wheel well is missing supports the other side had. We looked at other haulmarks and some have the supports, others are missing them on one side also...My point is HAULMARKS QUALITY IS POOR!!!

If you do decide to go with the haulmark I hope you have better luck with it than we did

HazellLawnCare
12-16-2006, 04:44 PM
I have owned 5 Haulmark trailers now and no real problems out of any of them. Sure if you want to pay more for alot nice trailer then there are nicer ones out there. The team I race with has a 56' Competition Trailer out of Texas and it is probably the best build money can buy. But is the there any reason to have a $350,000 trailer to do lawn care work with? If you are looking at a base model trailer for mowing then is doesn't matter if you buy a Hualmark, Pace, Wells Cargo, Doolittle, or any other trailer for that matter the quality isn't going to differ that much. A $5,000 trailer is always going to be a $5,000 trailer. You want thicker metal on the walls, stronger frame, or any other options you are going to pay extra for them no matter where the trailer comes from.

waterboy1
12-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I also looked at the LS from haulmark. Noone had them around here and they were in the 6500 to 7000 price range. I ended up going with the Pace Summit landscape trailer, it came with the shelf inside and already had the racks inside and backpack rack and cooler rack also. I got mine for about 58??. It also had two roof vents, side vents, and two interior lights. I liked it better than the haulmark.

Goodluck on what you decide.

waterboy1
12-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I also looked at the LS from haulmark. Noone had them around here and they were in the 6500 to 7000 price range. I ended up going with the Pace Summit landscape trailer, it came with the shelf inside and already had the racks inside and backpack rack and cooler rack also. I got mine for about 58??. It also had two roof vents, side vents, and two interior lights. I liked it better than the haulmark.

Goodluck on what you decide.

Prestige-Lawncare
12-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks to all who have replied so far. I'm not sold on Haulmark either ... but it is one of the manufacturers I have looked at. With so many of the brands made right here in Indiana, I could pick up just about anything within a 2 hour drive.

I have looked around at some of the Pace trailers online, and have been pretty impressed with what I have seen so far.

Thanks again .....

Dave

Petr51488
12-18-2006, 12:35 AM
Whats wrong with the transport models? They make them with tandem axles. They come in all sizes as well. I have a 6x12 transport model and i don't have any complaints about it. Like mentioned before, you can get thicker metal, thicker plywood, but you have to pay for it. I have those cheap luan walls on mine. It doesn't bother me at all.