PDA

View Full Version : Ez-Dumper

Crewcutlawncare
12-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know if it is wise to haul riding mowers with an ez-dumper trailer? I was thinking about purchasing one along with a second riding mower. It would be 6' 8" wide, and 14' long. My only concern is that both of the mowers wouldnt be able to fit onto the trailer. If they did, they would just bearly squeeze in there. Since I keep all of my equipment at home right now and I plan on getting a lot of commercial accounts next year, do you think it would be better to invest the money in an enclosed trailer? Like an 18' or 20' one? Then I could leave my house at 6, pick up the trailer, and be out mowing at 6:30 or 7:00am. I just dont want to have to be making a lot of noise at that time in the morning... especially on a saturday or sunday. :rolleyes: Oh, and I was wondering if the combined weight of the ez-dumper and both mowers would be too much for the ford f-250 super duty that I have. Having ramps for the dumper would also be a big concern of mine. But then, on the plus, I need a trailer to haul stone, and rental equipment for landscaping work. :dizzy:

SimonCX
12-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know if it is wise to haul riding mowers with an ez-dumper trailer? I was thinking about purchasing one along with a second riding mower. It would be 6' 8" wide, and 14' long. My only concern is that both of the mowers wouldnt be able to fit onto the trailer. If they did, they would just bearly squeeze in there. Since I keep all of my equipment at home right now and I plan on getting a lot of commercial accounts next year, do you think it would be better to invest the money in an enclosed trailer? Like an 18' or 20' one? Then I could leave my house at 6, pick up the trailer, and be out mowing at 6:30 or 7:00am. I just dont want to have to be making a lot of noise at that time in the morning... especially on a saturday or sunday. :rolleyes: Oh, and I was wondering if the combined weight of the ez-dumper and both mowers would be too much for the ford f-250 super duty that I have. Having ramps for the dumper would also be a big concern of mine. But then, on the plus, I need a trailer to haul stone, and rental equipment for landscaping work. :dizzy:

What kind of mowers are you using, because 2 riders will fit in a 14ft trailer and probably still have a foot of room. A 18 or 20ft trailer for 2 mowers is overkill. I can fit 2 riders and a 36" walkbehind on a 16ft trailer and a f-250 will pull it fine.

grassmanak
12-16-2006, 05:59 PM
depends on the mowers. do you run rear baggers on them or a trac vac unit. Their is some people that run 2 ztr's on a 20ft and just squeeze in.

Crewcutlawncare
12-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Well the one mower is 6' 83 inches. The other mower is 7' 25 inches... and that doesn't even include the rear 3 bagging system. Also, what are your opinions on the whole "purchasing of an ez-dumper trailer" to haul around the mowers? I mean can I get away with doing this, or should I look into getting an enclosed trailer for now? I just dont want to wake the neighbors up early on a saturday or sunday. But then like I said before... I need a dumper so I can haul stone and rental equip. around.

grassmanak
12-16-2006, 07:01 PM
its always better to have 2 trailer, but then your looking at 10 grand versus 5. What kind of truck do you have??

SimonCX
12-16-2006, 07:48 PM
If you have to haul around other things I would go with a dump trailer. You might be able to fit 2 z's with the 3 bag catchers, but you have to ride up the trailer rear of the mower first so the catcher hangs over the front and the same with the 2nd mower just it will overlap the first mower. Thats what I do and it doesn't take up any more room than without catchers, the only thing is you have to see if the catchers frame is high enough to clear the front wall of the trailer if it is you should be ok. I see guy's in my area that are using dump trailers for mowing all the time. And for 2 ztr's barely fitting on a 20ft trailer is bull, even with trac vac barrel catchers most ztr aren't longer then 8-8.5 ft and the 2nd mower overlaps the first by about a foot, thats only 16ft or 17ft if you want them looser. I have a friend who has a 20ft and fits a 36 walkbehind, ztr with trac vac, another ztr without catcher and still has some room in the trailer.

Crewcutlawncare
12-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Alright, thanks SimonCX. But I do have one more question for you. Will the weight of the trailer... roughly 4,000 lbs. plus the two mowers... will that be a big struggle for my 2002 ford f-250 to lug around all the time? Even with grass in the bed of the truck? Also, would my truck be able to pull the ez-dumper along with 4 tons of stone or w/e in the trailer and not have a big problem hauling wise? :confused:

mag360
12-17-2006, 11:46 AM
We have a 7x14 dump and a 20ft enclosed. The enclosed trailer is great for storage and image but pricey. I'd buy the dumper first, then look into a used open trailer for $1000 or less. They are light, easy to see and manuever, and don't really lose value. In a few years or less you can sell it for what you paid and upgrade to the enclosed.

Crewcutlawncare
12-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah. My biggest concerns right now are the pulling weight for the truck, and what my neighbors will say when I go to load my equipment up on a saturday or sunday at 6 am. :rolleyes:

SimonCX
12-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Alright, thanks SimonCX. But I do have one more question for you. Will the weight of the trailer... roughly 4,000 lbs. plus the two mowers... will that be a big struggle for my 2002 ford f-250 to lug around all the time? Even with grass in the bed of the truck? Also, would my truck be able to pull the ez-dumper along with 4 tons of stone or w/e in the trailer and not have a big problem hauling wise? :confused:

I don't think it will be a problem pulling, a 250 has more then enough power to pull it, the only thing is if you put 4 tons of stone be careful braking. If you take it slow you should be ok. Also if you want put timbrens on the truck so it it stays level and doesn't sag under load. How did you make out with the catchers on the dump trailer, did the frame clear the front of the trailer?

Crewcutlawncare
12-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Yeah, it clears... I just have to take the bags off of the unit. As far as the Timbren Shocks go, I plan on getting them to put on the back so it won't sag down like you said. Let me ask you something also. I'm supposed to be getting these telescopic trailer towing mirrors for christmas, but I am kind of skeptical about getting them. First of all they are a whopping 380.00. And second of all, if I'm not going to be hauling around an enclosed trailer, would I even need them? The biggest thing I plan on hauling is the ez-dumper trailer with a skid steer or a small trackhoe inside it.

SimonCX
12-17-2006, 08:03 PM
I have a 05 f-350 and it has towing mirrors. Basicly you pull them and they come out. I have them set so they are about half extended, the only time I need to pull them out further is if I'm backing up and I have built up sides on the trailer or truck but even then it's not bad half extended. If you have mirror's that are like car mirrors then maybe it wouldn't be bad, but check ebay you can find them cheaper mine are like these ebay #250060896403 and there $189. Good luck with the trailer.

Crewcutlawncare
12-17-2006, 08:33 PM
So are you saying that I should get the towing mirrors, or I shouldn't? :confused:

mag360
12-17-2006, 09:20 PM
yes for enclosed---no for dump trailer (unless you plan on using high sides)

cantoo
12-19-2006, 08:16 PM
I made my own extended mirrors for my dump truck. I took my recip saw cut the mirror post in half, then cut the head off a 1/2" x7" bolt stuck it in the hole in the mirror post and migged it together. Hit it with a black spray bomb and it's good to go. Did I mention I drive an old orange township truck? Cheap and quick. Pretty ugly too.