PDA

View Full Version : Howard Price 180

muxx
06-26-2001, 11:34 PM
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about these mowers? Please let me know one way or the other. Thanks

guntruck
06-26-2001, 11:59 PM
No.

David Gretzmier
06-27-2001, 12:00 AM
i only know that howard price made a good pivoting deck walk behind. sorry. Dave g

Alan
06-27-2001, 12:26 AM
Not familiar with the model, is that their Z turn rider? I have two HP hydro walk behinds and they are built like tanks. I tried their Zturn and didn't think it stuck to slopes as well as the Exmark Lazer Z which I ended up getting.

John DiMartino
06-28-2001, 12:07 AM
I had a hOward price,it was junk,very heavy built,but parts hard to get,and always something wrong with it.The gearbox/PTo setup was a nightmare,The best part of my Howard price was the yanmar diesel,its the only thing that didnt break on the mower.My dealer says Howard price is going out of business-dont know if its true.I do know that a set of blades for my howard price were 175 dollars,and not available aftermarket.

GrassChopper
07-03-2001, 08:00 AM
I have a Howard Price 52 hydro. Never had a problem. It has been very reliable. The blades are 8 buck apiece at the locl dealer. It was my first mower and I still use it.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-03-2001, 02:12 PM
unfortunatly they are made here in St. Louis

I have a freind that had Howerd Price for over 30 years
360z's and W/B's don't know what a 180 is they are made here and you are stuck getting parts from only one dealer many parts can't be found at other dealers or crossed over but they are HD mowers

but he is know switching to Exmark if that tells you anything

David Haggerty
07-03-2001, 06:22 PM
Here's the Howard Price website
http://www.howardpriceturf.com/products.htm#hydropower180

I cornered Howard himself at the expo one year and flat asked him why parts were so hard to come by. He said something about "dealer support".
I figure they sell the mower at cost, and make their money on parts. Boeing sells airplanes that way, so why not mowers?
You could ask him yourself. He'll probably be at the Expo.

In all fairness to Howard Price and his mowers, I made my living for about five years with a used HP 180. I ain't rich, but I ain't hurtin' either.
Dave

mdb landscaping
07-03-2001, 10:06 PM
never even seen a howard price anything up this way. i see a lot of hustlers like that though. maybe howard price isnt big in new england, but you cant go wrong with a hustler. they are like tanks.