PDA

View Full Version : Trim Star GearDrive Vs Hydro

Inman's lawn care
12-18-2006, 12:19 PM
I am really looking hard at adding a walk behind mower to my arsinal of machines.

What are the benifits I would get from the Trim star Grear drive?
What are the benifits I would get from the Trim star Hydro drive?

Can I use a sulky behind a Gear drive?
Can I use a sulky behind a Hydro drive?

How do they handle on hills?

I would love to hear any other advice also.
Please feel free to just lay it on the line.

Thanks,
Joe Inman
Inman's Lawn Care

mowerconsultant
12-19-2006, 03:35 PM
The gear drive will get you a economical walk behind mower.
Both will handle sulkies, you would have to adjust the drive belt on the gear drive after a short break in period with a sulky on it, and also it will not work as well on hills as the hydro.
The hydro is going to get you a H-Bar, best steering system on the market for a hydro mower in my opinion.
It will also get you a better hill handling mower and more efficient in regards to ground covered and a true reverse.
The hydro is going to have a easily adjusted floating deck also.
You really need to demo one and see for yourself what a difference the TrimStar Hydro is compared to a belt drive and others hydro models.

Pj

blackandgold
12-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Which one of our dealers are you working with?

Not all dealers stock walk behinds.

LCPullman
12-20-2006, 12:57 AM
For the price and ease of use, you can't beat the Trimstar Hydro. I have a couple of 36" Trimstar Hydros. I use sulkies on both of them. I have to run them on very steep hills because that's the nature of my area. They perform a world better going up and down hills that my old gear-drive: so much better control and drive-traction. I'd highly recommend the Trimstar Hydro to anyone.

Inman's lawn care
12-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I am working with Wilhem's in Lovington Ill

He said he could get a demo for the hydro but he would have to call around and see if he could barrow a gear drive for demo.

This sound like it s truthful.