PDA

View Full Version : Question about trailors

PrimeGreen Lawn
06-27-2001, 02:02 PM
Quick question. I recently bought a 16' open landscape, and a 20' enclosed. Seen the rigs, just didnt pay attention to the connector for brakes. Is it most likely a 6 or 7 pin connector? All I know is the enclosed is 3 years old made my Wells, the 16' open is 8 years old.
Buying the electronic brake system today for my Ram, and just need to know what one to pick up.

Scott

geogunn
06-27-2001, 02:09 PM
prime--Idunno. but good luck on your guess.

GEO

scottb
06-27-2001, 02:16 PM
Most new trucks are equipped with 7 pin recep. for RV at least mine is so I have to use 6 to 7 pin adapter for my landscape trailer. Where as my dads camper plugs right in.

racerdave
06-27-2001, 04:05 PM
Your enclosed trailer should hook right up. What plug does the open trailer have. if it's the 4 pin use your adapter to plug into it. Afte you do this, turn your hazard lights on and check your trailer lights. Then pull the trailer to make sure the brakes ar not locked up. I don't even have the brake module, I hooked up to a friends big tex and the brakes were energized via the courtesy power pin. Blew my mind....
I'm pulling a 24ft enclosed, and a 16 ft open. I seem to have decent brakes even at 16000 lbs.
but then again I'm a flatlander....