PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Buy?

13yearoldcutter
06-27-2001, 02:43 PM
I had only 3 lawn accounts and now the number is rising every day. Yesyerday it was six now its seven. I need a bigger better mower. I don't have the money you all have because I only 13 so please help me on what to buy. I hope the response is as good as my last question.... it was alsome, I learned more than then all last year.

scottb
06-27-2001, 02:56 PM
Go to the top of the page and look for the search feature click on it and type in somthing such as deck size and you will get more info from previous post than you can read ina week. Somthing to help what is the average size of you lawns what kind of dealers do you have around, such as Exmark some Exmark dealers are running a special on a 36" metro walkbehind for around 2000.00 dollars give or take a few. See if your parents will help you any who knows since you seem to be so gunho they may help alittle if you prove yourself. Just pick out a quality product.
Good luck to you.

mdb landscaping
06-27-2001, 03:30 PM
mow for a couple more weeks and youll have enough. i would take scott b's advice and see what a dealer can do for you. you'll be amazed how much time youll save with a nice walk behind. i thought i would never need anything bigger than a walk behind, but after 1 season i needed to upgrade to an exmark ztr. keep working and youll get even more accounts.

Scag48
06-27-2001, 03:34 PM
Whatever you buy, buy it used! I got a great deal on a 1992 (or something close to that) Groundsmaster 44" with an 18 HP Kohler Magnum. I paid $1,000 for it, dropped the price from $1,200 cuz I had to put new belts on it and a new bendix in the starter. The starter isn't fixed yet but I'll get the parts tomorrow hopefully. My grandpa (master mechanic) is showing me how to do some of the repairs. I can do most of the maintenance, but the engine stuff I'm a little confused by. Anyway, see if you can get a used 36" belt drive walkbehind. I almost bought one, but it wasn't big enough for the property I needed it for. I agree with Scott, ask your parents if they will financially help you out, then offer to pay them back for the mower. My dad gave me a loan on my new mower, but I have one job that will pay it off this summer alone. Get a brand name mower with a dealer fairly close. Build a good relationship with your dealer. That always helps in the long run. Just keep doing good work and try to get your name out there and save up for the new mower! Good luck!