PDA

View Full Version : Hino trucks

BMFD92
12-20-2006, 06:11 PM
does any one have experience with these trucks. I havent seen many on lawnsite but they are getting very popular around here and the dealer is not to far away. I am in the market for a landscape dump next season and was thinking of looking into the 165 model and if i like it then down the road set up a 238 with the switch n go. Can anyone give me some personal experiences with them or pros n cons? Thanks

LLandscaping
12-20-2006, 10:54 PM
I have a 2006 Hino 145 with a 16ft box. We are very satisfied with it. It has been reliable and everything is easy to get to on the engine. We only have about 13,000 mile so far. The cab is larger than other cabovers and I think it is safer. If you want a landscape dump I would get something larger than the 165 model. The 165 is basically the same truck as mine but a higher GVW. I believe it even has the same engine and trans. Ours is a automatic but it is a little sluggish accelerating. Our next truck will be a manual, what are you going to be hauling? There is a picture of my truck in the trucks forum under Freightliner trucks. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=160580&highlight=Freightliner+trucks

BMFD92
12-21-2006, 01:22 AM
im going to be hauling, mulch, sand, stone, leaves, topsoil and brush. I want a switch n go type truck but i dont know if really need that big of a truck yet. I dont want another pickup because i want to ability to haul more and dump and the prices for the ford and chevy 350 and 3500 with dumps dont see worth it. I was thinking either the hino or isuzu with a small landscape dump for now and then upgrade as get bigger. I would prefer a automatic transmission because i would have to teach my employees how to drive manual.

Albemarle Lawn
12-21-2006, 01:34 AM
We run Mitsubishi-Fuso.

Hino's are the best kept secret in trucks. They are made by Toyota. Hino's should be more popular because they are some of the best vehicles in the world in terms of quality and reliability.

Once you own one, you will never go back to the P.O.S. garbage produced by Ford, GM, and Dodge.

BMFD92
12-21-2006, 03:57 PM
i was thinking of a truck similiar to this http://www.truckmax.com/inventory/html/07hino258land.html

Gravel Rat
12-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Hino trucks have been pretty good and now that Hino makes pretty well nothing but conventional cab trucks they are getting into the market to give the others some competition.

The new conventionals look a little goofy with the HUGE windsheild but other than that they seem to be a decent truck. I'am seeing quite a few around the area as P+D trucks.

Keep in mind if you buy a lowpro truck they are not really designed for offroad. I looked over a 165 closely because I was interested in making a small dump truck but they are a little lacking on ground clearance.

The 165 has the good loading height thou even with a dump body its not jacked way up in the air where it makes it difficult to lift a wheelbarrow or handload stuff onto the truck. The little 4 banger rice cooker diesel is a little underpowered for our B.C. hills I know any of those 4 cylinder COE trucks crawl up the hills usually in second or first gear you can count the revolution of the wheels :laugh:

godzilla
12-26-2006, 03:19 PM
If you are considering going to Jimmy Reed's good luck. Ask Vinnie or Petey what they think before making a purchase. According to many people I know, they are great to deal with when you are talking sales... but when you have a problem, or need service then its a completely different story.

BMFD92
12-26-2006, 03:31 PM
sounds good, thanks.

Mjh Excavating
12-26-2006, 04:11 PM
BMFD92 ,
I'm looking to sell Mit Fuso, rack body dump, tool box, automatic, 55,000 miles. Real nice shape and 1/3 price of new.

BMFD92
12-26-2006, 05:47 PM
pm me for details