PDA

View Full Version : great dane mowers

mdb landscaping
06-27-2001, 04:01 PM
i recalled someone asking if great dane had a website. i dont know if someone mentioned it yet, but they are building one at

www.greatdanemowers.com

JLC
06-27-2001, 04:12 PM
I thought Deere bought out Great Dane and retained Dane Scag as a designer. This is why Deere is coming out with a stand on mower like Great Dane and Wright. Just trying to figure out why they would still be developing the Great Dane website. I wouldn't think they would still sell equipment under that name. Anyone know anything else?

mdb landscaping
06-27-2001, 04:20 PM
deere did buy out great dane. it is a good question as to why they are doing this. i was thinking that maybe john deere is going to run all their commercial mowers under the great dane name and run all the lawn tractors and heavy machinery under the john deere?

mowerconsultant
06-27-2001, 05:30 PM
Deere has said they are not going to stop making units under the Great Dane name.
It would be crazy for them to not make em under the Great Dane name, there is a lot of dealers out there selling the product.
And finaly producing a website to promote there product would be a plus.
As far as Deere name goes, I was told there will be a solid amount of JD branded units coming off the Great Dane production lines..

rdh
06-27-2001, 11:36 PM
some site its under construction.

GrassChopper
07-03-2001, 06:58 AM
Deere is buying (or has already) Wright also. I think they are trying to corner the market.