PDA

View Full Version : For those of you running multiple mowers...

JLC
06-27-2001, 05:08 PM
How do you go about attacking large areas that haven't been striped yet. I would assume that you would make your first cut down the middle and have one guy work one direction and the other guy work the opposite direction. Is this how you all do it? Just wondering ways to make two mowers most efficient without stumbling all over each other. I'll ask about three when I cross that bridge.

JLC

mdb landscaping
06-27-2001, 05:23 PM
if they are the same size mowers you could do what you mentioned, but it wouldnt look good with a 48 and 60 inch striping the same area. i work solo, but when i worked with another guy i would take the 48 inch and do all the trim mowing and then start the backyard while someone else does the front. i see a lot of guys running just ztrs now adays and they just seem to pick a two seperate sections of the yard.

Eric ELM
06-27-2001, 05:38 PM
This is one reason I use the same size decks, so either of us can mow where ever we want and it still look uniform. I usually do all the main mowing, while our helper goes around everything and mows small areas on most lawns and usually the smaller parts of lawns on other lawns. You just have to find a system that works for you.

JLC
06-27-2001, 06:24 PM
I would be using the same size decks. Forgot to mention that.

kutnkru
06-27-2001, 09:56 PM
We use various decks from 36 to 60 hydro wb. We will use the smaller sized decks for the front lawns and the larger sized decks for the back lawns.

If you have two of the same sized deck at the property I would not have two guys cutting the same area unless its absolutely necessary. We have tried this before, and usually the yard will look awkward if they cannot compliment each others mowing techniques.

Kris