PDA

View Full Version : when 2 buy??

bobcatnj
12-21-2006, 07:02 PM
when is a good time 2 get a new truck? i either want 2 sell my 04 f250 for a dump or keep the f250 and just buy the dump

FearThisDeere
12-21-2006, 07:19 PM
I would say probably from late September until right about know. I'd look for a new 2006 or even a 2005 if you can find one. Just a thought. They are going to try to screw you no matter what day is on the calender!

J&R Landscaping
12-22-2006, 01:11 PM
If you want a diesel, the ideal time for a Brand new truck was from October till now. Best of luck.

Ferdelance
12-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Wait till the end of the month. They need to have their sales quota or something. Thats how I got my Diesel truck brand new for $24,000.

muddstopper
12-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Wait till the end of the month. They need to have their sales quota or something. Thats how I got my Diesel truck brand new for $24,000.

Duh, I think this is the end of the month and also the end of the year. If he buys now, he can take a full years worth of depreciation. If he waits until next week, he will have a whole year of use on it before he can deduct anything. Depends on what kind of tax help he needs and if he can benefit from the depreciation.

edit. He can also defer depreciation until next year if he needs to or isnt sure if he needs to, by simply not putting the truck into service until after next week.

RHayden
12-26-2006, 10:26 PM
I've had good luck buying in December as well. But I've also made some pretty good deals in mid to late January as things usually slow way down for dealers in the northern climates. Like Mudd said, check with your accountant to see if you need the depreciation this year.