PDA

View Full Version : Is it August aready

RLC
06-27-2001, 09:13 PM
Not much grass to mow this week. We need rain and lots of it here in NE Ohio. This is what happens I buy a new truck and the grass quits growing . Maybe next week I can mow . I have a landscape project to do this week to keep me out of trouble ( I think) LOL

George777
06-27-2001, 10:01 PM
RLC I hope ya get some of that liquid sunshine. Here in Bama we have been getting those late afternoon thunderstorms. I have not watered my lawn in 3 weeks. I hope this pattern continues. The temp out here has been pretty warm, but the humidity is thick.

Take care and pray for rain!

Eric ELM
06-27-2001, 11:35 PM
It's getting dry here around Chicago also. Last year it was raining a lot in June. No rain in site til Saturday night and that's a Maybe. :(

JLC
06-27-2001, 11:36 PM
My sprinkler has been on here. It is drying big time and temps are warm. Hopefully next week will give us a little moisture.

EJK2352
06-28-2001, 01:38 AM
It's big time DRY here, we haven't had a good soaking rain for 2+
weeks & we are now -5.5" for the year. Sure hope we get some soon or
I'll have a lot of skips next week. RLC were in NE Ohio are you?

ED

GreenQuest Lawn
06-28-2001, 01:46 AM
Dry here also in west MI, Next week will be very easy if we don't get any.

Avery
06-28-2001, 01:56 AM
Sounds like a good time to sell some irrigation installs to your better customers RLC.

Sean Adams
06-28-2001, 02:17 AM
Mother Nature...not always kind to this industry. Maybe now is a good time to take a walk around all of your client's properties with a pen and tablet. I think you would be surprised with all of the little things that need done. It's a great way to keep the cash flowing, and they would be glad to know you care enough to point out things that need done. Don't let that new truck sit...Good Luck.

Sean Adams
www.lawncaresuccess.com

LiVe2
06-28-2001, 03:43 AM
I allmost wish it would stop raining here in fla. We have a tropical storm that will hit us on Thursday and then on Saturday another one will move in. I guess its feast or famine

TJLC
06-28-2001, 06:34 AM
liVe2, you said it. It's either dry as a bone here, or pounding rains. I have to say though, I would rather see it wet than dry.

David Haggerty
06-28-2001, 09:20 AM
We'v got the opposite here in Wilmington, It finally quit flooding. No more muddy tracks in the lawns, no more wearin' a rainsuit to mow.
For the past 10 years this has been the wettest place in Ohio. We've had 14" to date and they say that's 4" below normal!
It really grows the bluegrass though. Everybody I mow for gets cut "as Needed". When it grows to 4" I cut it to 3". Keeps me busy in the spring!
Try to save up some of the other landscaping projects for the slow times.
Congradulations on your new truck. You must be doin' something right.
Dave

Got Grass?
06-28-2001, 08:07 PM
Ught I hate the weather here. No (no much at all) rain for a few weeks, my lawns are starting to brown (cut at 3in.), Except for the ones that get waterd. People get pissed if I cut and charge them for just making stripes. so less work. But when it does rain it rains for 2-3 days and its to wet to cut but the lawn grows. Why cant it just rain all day every saturday or sunday?

mdb landscaping
06-28-2001, 10:07 PM
crazy weather. it was so dry the 3rd week of may i was mowing every 2 weeks. now its almost july and my lawns need mowing every 5 days. maybe youll get lucky and get some rain. ill try and send you some, since we have been getting too much. it rained for 5 days in a row the other week.

Charles
06-29-2001, 07:44 PM
This is too weird. Dry up north and rainy in the south. Last year and the past 4 years it has been just the opposite.