PDA

View Full Version : Need Help On Bid For 12 Acres

ron
06-27-2001, 10:29 PM
Hello I have a great question to ask?

I want to place a bid on 12 acres for a Memorial Funeral home
contract for one year
for complete maintance of grounnds,mow weedet,and blow all turf areas.Trimming of all landscape plants,maintance of flower beds.Keep all trees at 8ft.canopies Price fertilizing with Lesco 24-5-11 Twice per year
Mulch once per year..
I have looked at this property 12 acres I will need about 4 cy red mulch for around trees buildings etc and about 9 bags of Lesco per acre there are no headstones just the ones in planted into the ground with metal vases with flowers in them how many well lets say 12 acres full there are approximately 240.L.F of shrubs 4 half feet high.
the ground is all flat with 25 large oak trees..
My estimate would be around $22,000.00 per year is this too much..what do you all think....
Plus there are two more other funeral homes that are 20 acres each that I could also bid on,but since I am solo I would only bid on the 12 acre one....Any info would be great...

David Gretzmier
06-28-2001, 12:29 AM
too many variables. 12 acres mowed runs 480 in my book FLAT< without headstones and the like. if you are putting out 9 50lb bags per acre, that is 10 lbs per thousand and THAT is pretty heavy. I'd go 5 lbs per thousand 4 times per year and keep excess clippings to a minimum. mulching instructions I don't understand, but overall the total price seems a little low. this account will take alot of your time, and solo as well. just guessing, but I think we'd bid closer to 30-35g. good luck. Dave g

ron
06-28-2001, 12:37 AM
Hey thanks for the info....I have to place the bid before the 29 of this month. maybe I should raise up the bid a bit?

LJ lawn
06-28-2001, 12:57 AM
what? you guy's are gettin $40 an acre? isn't that low?

Comet
06-30-2001, 09:54 PM
Ron,
Curious here on how it went with your proposal bid and/or if you increased it.
12 acres is alot to maintain solo or with a crew
22,ooo is way too low for everything,,thatll cover the mowing.
fert is expensive, time and material=$, triming=$ etc
Anyone can correct me please if Im wrong
thanks
thom

Grasshog
07-01-2001, 02:06 PM
I agree with Thom. At $22,000 and doing it solo.

After buying euip, fert, gas, insurance, supplies, etc you might be better off getting a 9 ta 5 job. I cant beleave i said 9 ta 5 job. ooo frightening thought. I think I would raise the bid

Grasshog
07-05-2001, 12:46 AM
Did you win the contract

ron
07-05-2001, 02:00 PM
Ops sorry for the delay.
After placing the bid I recieved a call that day He had asked how many do I have with my crew.I told him I am solo,well he was looking for a crew of about six people,so they can get in do the job and out within the same day..oh well thanks all for your support.....:blob3: