PDA

View Full Version : What do you think guys.Need Input

jaybow
12-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Here are a few of my new things to start new lawn service 2007.
What do you guys think?And do you think its safe to start off with this truck pulling this trailer?The trailer is 6.5"by12" and is verry heavy duty.I will be hauling Q36 mower and two 21 inch mowers two weed trimmers, blower ,hedge trimmers,stick edger,walk behind edger, gas etc... The truck isnt much but it runs good 4.0 engine and its all I have to start.

Lawn Enforcer
12-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Nice starter set-up. I think the truck will be fine for now. We pulled our 6x12 w/ a Toro 44" and a Dixon 50" and trimmers, blowers, gas, etc. with a Jeep Cherokee w/ a 4.0 straight six, and it was fine. How do you like the Samurai? How well does it turn?

WALKER LANDSCAPE
12-23-2006, 10:27 AM
I think you will cruise from stop to stop. Just find your sweet spot for your mower on the trailer. (Nice little trailer by the way) We need one like that.
I say you wpuld be able to put another Q44 on there in the future.

DSLND
12-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Nice Setup! I really like that trailer! You should be fine with the truck for now i pull my trailer with a Z on it with my bro's S-10 (well he drives cuz im not old enough yet) and its a V-6. The only thing is if you expand and get a ZTR and its commercial duty i would recommend putting brakes on the truck then. -Mitch-

DBL
12-23-2006, 03:33 PM
man you got if the mower slides strap it down the truck should have no problems with that even if you put another mower on there too

Skimastr105
12-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Looks like a great setup. Make sure to strap down your mower though. I've seen some bad stuff happen to loose equipment.

josh1981
12-23-2006, 11:38 PM
looks good. but missing the chainsaw!

jaybow
12-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah I want to get a stihl chainsaw.I do have a couple of other items not shown like stihl hedge trimmers and handheld blower etc.

Tadams
12-24-2006, 01:36 AM
You should do fine with that truck, trailer, and equipment.

RedMax Man
12-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Looks great, just get some Green Touch fast straps for the Q36 mower. Just curious as to why you mounted the trimmer racks facing inside the trailer? I have the same racks but i mounted them so that they are facing outside. Thats a tough looking trailer.

josh1981
12-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah I want to get a stihl chainsaw.I do have a couple of other items not shown like stihl hedge trimmers and handheld blower etc.

good choice., stihl is the best. I have a farm boss 290 and works great! I have cut small to big trees (but not huge ones) with no problem. Even cut some big stumps with it. If your going to be cutting very large trees I would get something bigger. If your going to be cutting small to large trees (but not too large) then it will work nicely for you. You can always go up to the stihl 310 (which is same thing just more power). If you need a lot of power with large bar then a professional saw is the choice.

ALso if your going to be doing a lot of cutting like I have been expect to sharpen the chain every 1-2 months. I have been cutting a few large stumps and some hardwood trees, trimming up what I have cut down and I need my chain sharpened after having it about 2 months now.

I am going to buy 2 extra chains.

Good luck on getting the saw!

DoetschOutdoor
12-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Sharpening every 1-2 months??? If you go out and put in a full weekend or hard day of cutting, your chain will definately need sharpening. But if you are only cutting up a few branches or trees every month then I could see where your coming from.

josh1981
12-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Sharpening every 1-2 months??? If you go out and put in a full weekend or hard day of cutting, your chain will definately need sharpening. But if you are only cutting up a few branches or trees every month then I could see where your coming from.

makes sense, thats why forestry people carry all the tools with them on the job.

I think I might have my chain on backwards, have to check this week.

Frosty_03
12-25-2006, 05:51 PM
That is a nice set up, I think you will do well with that. Remember it might take a little more time to strap thing down, but it is better than having it roll around. :cool2:

lawncare18
12-25-2006, 06:51 PM
If you dont mind me aksing how much for that trailer.... Im in the market for the same type.