PDA

View Full Version : Fastrak or mini?

dekalb lawn man
12-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Hey everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I had posted this in the "just starting in bussiness" section and thought I would post here as well. I currently have 1 account that is about 3 1/2 acres with alot of hills and about 15 residential accounts that are about a 1/4 acre. The dealer is tring to get me to buy a Fastrak 52" with the 20 hp honda for $4,699. He says that he sells alot of these machines to contractors with small to medium sized accounts.He also has a mini z 52 with a 19 hp kaw for $7,599. I don't know if I am ready to spend $7,599 yet.So my question is this, will I regret getting the fastrak or should I just spend the extra money and step up to the mini.

mowerconsultant
12-28-2006, 02:45 PM
You wont regret it, for what you are describing, it will fit your needs very well.
The FasTrak 44 and 52 inch models can come with a 1 year or 400 hour commercial warranty when a hour meter is installed at the time of purchase.
There are many of these in use for commercial purposes.

Pj

dekalb lawn man
12-29-2006, 02:19 AM
Hey thanks for the advice. I was also wondering about the prices. Are the prices he is giving me decent. I forgot to post that the Fastrack ($4,699)is new however it is a 05 model and the mini ($7,599) is also new but is an 06. Should I be able to get the fastrak for even cheaper than $4,699 or is that a good price and is that to much for a mini.

Thanks,
Matt

nfarr
12-31-2006, 05:24 PM
I bought a 2052 Fastrak two seasons ago and started with 12 weekly accounts, about 17K ft2 each.

This past year I grew to 75 weeklies. I regret not getting the Mini. If I could do it again I would buy a Super mini.

I am looking at geting a super Z this next season.

mowerconsultant
01-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey thanks for the advice. I was also wondering about the prices. Are the prices he is giving me decent. I forgot to post that the Fastrack ($4,699)is new however it is a 05 model and the mini ($7,599) is also new but is an 06. Should I be able to get the fastrak for even cheaper than $4,699 or is that a good price and is that to much for a mini.

Thanks,
Matt

Your not going to get a better price on the FasTrak I believe, thats a great price.
As far as the Mini price, that is good also, there are no programs or anything on them now.

Pj

dekalb lawn man
01-03-2007, 11:49 PM
I actually ended up buying a Ferris IS2000 with the 61" deck today. The guy gave me a deal I could not refuse. $8200 which is about 200 more than what he buys them for. It has a big scratch on the side of the deck down to the metal from moving it into storage so he gave it to me really cheap. I am just going to match the paint and rattle can it.

Thank you for all your help though, I do appritiate it.

mowerconsultant
01-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Thats ok, you got to do what you gotta do....
You could of bought a Hustler Z or Super Z in that price range if you looked around.
Congrats on the new ride!!