PDA

View Full Version : Extra services for customers

sleona
06-28-2001, 01:07 PM
Do any of you offer pressure washing as an extra service to your customers? I just cleaned our brick walls, driveway, sidewalks & patios and couldn't believe the difference in appearance! We just had a pretty nasty flood down here so I figured the pavement could use a good cleaning. After I washed them, I stepped into the street to take a look and realized that the bright white pavement accented the turf MUCH better than dirty, gray sidewalks.

Pressure washing seems like an easy sell when offered to customers. I figure if you give them a little sample of what it does, like on a corner of a patio, they'll say hell yeah! One other good selling point...it only has to be done once every 2 years or so.
I used a 2500psi washer, but I'd recommend something less manly if you use it on a brick home; the mortar begins to erode away.

Sean

Cleve
06-28-2001, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by sleona
Do any of you offer pressure washing as an extra service to your customers?
I used a 2500psi washer, but I'd recommend something less manly if you use it on a brick home; the mortar begins to erode away.

Sean

And that little problem is why I won't offer it to my customers.

I own a pressure washer (Honda motor and 3000 PSI) that will clean just about anything. But what happens when you accidently blow off some siding or remove the mortar from the bricks? You can literally remove the concrete from a sidewalk or driveway if you hit a weak mix spot on these areas. I just don't want to have to pay those damages.

I would leave this to the company that specialize in this type service.

Cleve.