PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaw Work. Before And After.

DSLND
12-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Well my parents bought another home to flip and once again i get to do some outdoor work to keep me making some money and keep me out of being bored. This yard is just basically a clean up. Gotta get rid of this HORRIBLE brush to really open up the house when coming up the street and then do a leaf clean up and i think that will do wonders for this place but i would do landscaping but were hoping to get er sold by March so too early to plant. Heres some pics! Enjoy! -Mitch-

DSLND
12-25-2006, 05:56 PM
How could anyone live with that???

DSLND
12-25-2006, 05:57 PM
More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSLND
12-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Last One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDWalkbehind
12-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Wow. Have you guys cleared alot out yet? or is it all still there?

Nick

DSLND
12-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Well heres a pic of the front of the house. When i was taking the picture i thought it looked like a Pizza Hut. What do you think? LOL -Mitch-

JDWalkbehind
12-25-2006, 06:28 PM
:eek: Not going to answer me at all?

DSLND
12-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Jeeze, i was surfin other sites, i don't live on this one page just waiting for you to ask questions so i can answer them....and to answer your question, no we havn't started it yet. -Mitch-

JDWalkbehind
12-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Sry.

P.S. if ur still interested there are a couple of STIHL yard boss's 4 sale (the STIHL tillers)

Does this mean ur not mad at me any more
(Fred says hi)

DSLND
12-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Sry.

P.S. if ur still interested there are a couple of STIHL yard boss's 4 sale (the STIHL tillers)

Does this mean ur not mad at me any more
(Fred says hi)

I saw those yard bosses. They look like nice machines but i dont want to pay shipping from Kentucky. Tell Fred i say Hey. Yea i guess im not mad, just had to prove a point and lets move on now. What kind of ipod did ya get? Private Message me. -Mitch-

JDWalkbehind
12-25-2006, 06:55 PM
OK but first did you get the other one's. just to make sure it works?

jbone
12-26-2006, 01:31 AM
wow that looks like quite the mess, I cant wait to see the end result. What is the fastest way to get rid of all that brush???

Precision
12-26-2006, 08:58 AM
wow that looks like quite the mess, I cant wait to see the end result. What is the fastest way to get rid of all that brush???
Jdam or airburst nuke. But there may be a little collateral damage.:)

LawnInOrder
12-26-2006, 09:10 AM
just a question. Since your both in the same location and he asked if your mad, i am goign to assume that, he was your old business partner, that you said you guys slipt up? Don;t wanna start anything just a question. LawnInOrder

JDWalkbehind
12-26-2006, 10:37 AM
We split 2 years ago. just friends an once an awhile the worker for each other.

Nick

LawnInOrder
12-26-2006, 11:04 AM

Nick
Kinda sucks competing with your friend. My friend George and i had different landscaping businesses. then we decided to join toegther. It didn;t work out because of various reasons.We both slipt up. He couldn;t make it by himself. I ended up taking over his whole business. Really sucks cuz it hurt our friendship but now we are really good friends. I guess in the end everything works out. He told me the other day he wanted to maybe start up again together.

Not to steal the thread, but if you had a partnership and it didn;t work out, would you try and make it work a second time? LawnInOrder.

LawnInOrder
12-26-2006, 11:04 AM

Nick
Kinda sucks competing with your friend. My friend George and i had different landscaping businesses. then we decided to join toegther. It didn;t work out because of various reasons.We both slipt up. He couldn;t make it by himself. I ended up taking over his whole business. Really sucks cuz it hurt our friendship but now we are really good friends. I guess in the end everything works out. He told me the other day he wanted to maybe start up again together.

Not to steal the thread, but if you had a partnership and it didn;t work out, would you try and make it work a second time? LawnInOrder.

JDWalkbehind
12-26-2006, 11:37 AM
I don't know

DSLND
12-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Well today im hoping to head over to the house and take those suckers out. First im gonna chainsaw them down and then dig up around them and rip them out with our Jeep tied to a strap around the stump. Im definately going to take pictures to put into my landscaping portfolio due to the dramatic change this is going to make on the appearence of the house.

LawnInOrder: The thought has ran across my mind of combining but just the way we work, our schedules, and other reasons just would make it sooo hard but our rig would be kick ass. Heres a pic we took of both of our rigs up in Nick's Dads manlift a while back. Half of my stuff isnt there like hedge trimmer,chainsaw, other trimmer, and the WB is on his side because it was before i purchased it. And his rig looks huge compared to mine cuz his trailer is jewmongous and it could hold all of our equipment combined, picture if requested lol. Enjoy! -Mitch-

JDWalkbehind
12-26-2006, 11:55 AM
yea we're just freinds and it works, working for each other is fun but in the end we both like being our own boss and for the other reason's mitch said.

Mitch with all our new stuff we need to take another pic. of all our stuff.
hey PM me k?

Nick

DSLND
12-26-2006, 06:23 PM
First day over there only worked about 45 minutes and we got alot done. Heres some pics! -Mitch-

DSLND
12-26-2006, 06:24 PM
The brush pile!!! What A Mess!

DSLND
12-26-2006, 06:24 PM
More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSLND
12-26-2006, 06:25 PM
More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSLND
12-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Hoping to get over there tomorrow and get alot of the stumps out of there and start hauling the brush out. I was just messing around with some numbers and if it would have been for a customer i would have estimated it at about $325.00 after all the loading of the brush and hauling away. I was thinking 4 hours labor @ $45/Hour = $180.00 and then $145 to haul away all the debris. Not bad i think. -Mitch-

KS_Grasscutter
12-26-2006, 07:09 PM

I have always heard that the only thing worse then partnering with a friend, is doing it AFTER it failed once. I have a real good friend in the business, but I am sure he don't consider me competition because for one I am kinda lazy about pursuing new customers, and for two, I don't really work at all in either of the areas that he does a BUNCH of work in.

Lawn Enforcer
12-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Yes, big difference now. Is that where you will be living now, or do your parents buy and sell real estate?

DSLND
12-26-2006, 08:33 PM
KS: Yea it really sucked for a while especially in March when we both began new business's its was tough.

Lawn: No we wont be living there, too small for us my parent flip homes and we bought it were gonna fix er up and then sell it in or before March. -Mitch-

RedMax Man
12-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Those pics. remind me of a big cleanup job we did this fall. Lots of overgrown brush and junk, all you can do is hack and wack it and haul it out. Hopfully the stumps aren't to much of a pain to ripout. Sometimes its safer and easier to use a comealong rapped around a large tree to pull them out instead of a Jeep. Thats nice that you get properties that you parents buy and sell, you get to practice, design and stuff w'o the worries of being on a clients property.

Ya, thats not the first story i've heard where a partnership didn't last. I know a landsaper in my area who helps me with jobs sometimes. He told me that he was in a partnership and lost over 30 grand and would never do it again. He solo now and is doing very well. So imo i wouldn't try to get back together again with your buddy just be friends and help each other when neaded.

Keep up the good work...

DSLND
12-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Those pics. remind me of a big cleanup job we did this fall. Lots of overgrown brush and junk, all you can do is hack and wack it and haul it out. Hopfully the stumps aren't to much of a pain to ripout. Sometimes its safer and easier to use a comealong rapped around a large tree to pull them out instead of a Jeep. Thats nice that you get properties that you parents buy and sell, you get to practice, design and stuff w'o the worries of being on a clients property.

Ya, thats not the first story i've heard where a partnership didn't last. I know a landsaper in my area who helps me with jobs sometimes. He told me that he was in a partnership and lost over 30 grand and would never do it again. He solo now and is doing very well. So imo i wouldn't try to get back together again with your buddy just be friends and help each other when neaded.

Keep up the good work...

Thanks! Yea all the stumps are dead and i was wobbling them around by jumping on them yesterday so i think the jeep should do it if not we have a friend with a tree service who could come out and take em out without a problem. We still have a couple libms in the backyard to take down and this really ugly bush thats coming out and then i got to do a leaf clean up and take out the cement wall in front and then I should be done with the outside and can then assist my parents with the inside and get this sucker flipped and back on the market! -Mitch-

josh1981
12-27-2006, 11:37 PM
nice work man! Guess your loving using that stihl saw!

DSLND
12-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanks! Oh yeah the saw is a beast. -Mitch-

josh1981
12-28-2006, 10:25 PM
nice man. Yea stihl is the best. I have a farm boss 290, which i believe is 3 up from you? Just got the chain sharpened today. Saw is a beast!

DSLND
12-28-2006, 11:36 PM
STIHL Rocks! All 2 cycle equipment is STIHL and that is a fact that will never change! :) -Mitch-

josh1981
12-29-2006, 12:46 AM
so stihl is the only 2 cycle equipment left? Whats the difference between 2 cycle an 4?

Yea I have a stihl fs 45 weedwhacker, farm boss 290 chainsaw, bg85 blower and love them all! Chainsaw is still my favorate!

DSLND
12-29-2006, 01:07 AM
There are many brands of 2 cycle equipment. I personally only will own STIHL. A 2 cycle engine runs on gas and oil mixed and a 4 cycle engine runs on gasoline in one tank and oil in the other. -Mitch-

josh1981
12-29-2006, 01:22 AM
cool thanks for explaining.

Same here. Stihl for handheld, toro and john deere for mowers/tractors.

tthomass
12-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Stihl cut saw, chainsaw and 2 600 blowers...........great stuff

JDWalkbehind
12-29-2006, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=josh1981;1656280]so stihl is the only 2 cycle equipment left? Whats the difference between 2 cycle an 4?

2 cycle runs faster than 4 cycle, because 2 cycle takes to piston strokes to burn the gas/oil and 4 cycle takes four strokes

josh1981
12-29-2006, 12:00 PM

mcwlandscaping
12-29-2006, 01:18 PM

what do you mean is stihl the only 2 stroke equipment left???

mitch...that looks like WAYYY too much fun doing that!

JDWalkbehind
12-29-2006, 03:27 PM
off topic but mcwlandscaping. do you have a metro? how's it work for you can you give me some info about it? thanks

nick

DSLND
12-29-2006, 10:19 PM
what do you mean is stihl the only 2 stroke equipment left???

mitch...that looks like WAYYY too much fun doing that!

Oh yeah Mike! We were ripping out stumps today with the jeep and let me tell ya that was fun! I also was just ripping crap out with the saw in the back and side yard and it was awesome! BTW i saw ur new magnets on PlowSite and they look GREAT! That dude did an awesome job! -Mitch-

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Hey Mitch, who gets the job of hauling away all the junk? Oh and those gutters look like they could use a blowout and cleaning. lookin' nice.

Uranus
12-30-2006, 10:36 AM
What are you going to do when your parents say you price is to high and dont pay? Will you charge them a late fee if the payment is late. Do you mail the invoice to them.:laugh: Just poking fun. To many of those threads running around out there right now.

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 12:13 PM
What are you going to do when your parents say you price is to high and dont pay? Will you charge them a late fee if the payment is late. Do you mail the invoice to them.:laugh: Just poking fun. To many of those threads running around out there right now.

Take 'em to court:laugh: did you have them sign a contract before hand and make a deposit.

DSLND
12-30-2006, 12:26 PM
HAHA! Take Em To Court DUH!!! No LOL i get paid an hourly wage to work there which i think is cheap but its cool because i learn alot there and my parents do alot of stuff for me so its ok. We got the privelage of hauling all the crap away and right now its waiting in our backyard to be set up in flames. We cut down alot more brush in the side yard, ripped out some stumps, and got some more trees down in the front and back yard. RedMax: I noticed the gutters yesterday, i'll take my hand blower and gutter tube there prob. tomorrow and get em cleaned out. -Mitch-

WALKER LANDSCAPE
12-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey Dream cuts lets see aome after pics of that job.:dancing:

DSLND
12-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Walker: I'll snap some later today or tomorrow but it looks 100% better but i'll snap some pictures later! -Mitch-

WALKER LANDSCAPE
12-30-2006, 01:12 PM
I saw the one on page 3 or 4 looks like something you would see on a Kansas
weather channel lol. No offense to the Kansas felas. Outstanding improvement. Is this one of your customers. Try and up sell them into some nice raised bed and landscaping payup Keep up the good work.

DSLND
12-30-2006, 02:19 PM
I saw the one on page 3 or 4 looks like something you would see on a Kansas
weather channel lol. No offense to the Kansas felas. Outstanding improvement. Is this one of your customers. Try and up sell them into some nice raised bed and landscaping payup Keep up the good work.

LOL Thanks! No this is a house my parents are flipping and im just doing the landscaping. Yea were looking into putting a small planter in the front and other stuff in back! -Mitch-

DSLND
12-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Been working hard over there and the neighbors love us for what we've done just to the outdoors. But Here are some pics. Enjoy! -Mitch-

DSLND
12-31-2006, 05:47 PM
More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSLND
12-31-2006, 05:48 PM
This is the brush piled in our backyard waiting to be set up in flames!!! HAHA! Total was about 6 trailer loads.

DSLND
12-31-2006, 05:49 PM
More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSLND
12-31-2006, 05:51 PM
Last one for now!!!!

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Coming along nice... you can actually see the house now!

DSLND
12-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Coming along nice... you can actually see the house now!

Thanks! Oh yeah me and my dad were just comparing before and after pictures and there is such a big difference! -Mitch-

mexiking
12-31-2006, 07:14 PM
now put a nice design with new plants you can add a lot to the sale value and resell it and make $$$ :)

DSLND
12-31-2006, 07:26 PM
now put a nice design with new plants you can add a lot to the sale value and resell it and make $$$ :)

Thats The Plan!:) -Mitch-

JDWalkbehind
12-31-2006, 11:44 PM
looks good, are you going to do landscaping all around the house or just parts

RedMax Man
01-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Do you burn those piles of junk that you pulled right in the middle of you lawn? That would make a nasty blaze. Burn it at night, it will make the whole area brighten up.:laugh:

DSLND
01-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Yea were gonna burn it! Cant wait, just gotta dry up here due to rain. Then its getting set up in flames! -Mitch-

mexiking
01-01-2007, 09:44 PM
doesn't your town have a place where you can dump em instead of burning em? Here in NJ they don't allow you to burn like that.

josh1981
01-01-2007, 10:35 PM
nice cleanup job. :D

EagleLandscape
01-01-2007, 11:06 PM
this is just a thread about someone cutting out some old brush? lame

DSLND
01-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Im not sure if our town does have a place but we live in the country and have acres and we'd just rather burn it. -Mitch-

bigjeeping
01-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Im not sure if our town does have a place but we live in the country and have acres and we'd just rather burn it. -Mitch-

fire is definitely a good resource when hauling brush, cutting down trees.. all that jazz. I burn everything :clapping:

DSLND
01-02-2007, 09:26 PM
fire is definitely a good resource when hauling brush, cutting down trees.. all that jazz. I burn everything :clapping:

Yea its pretty sweet! :walking: :walking: -Mitch-

mikes landscaping
01-03-2007, 05:51 PM
this is just a thread about someone cutting out some old brush? lame

No its a thread about something he does on the offseason, and hes helping his parent's out, and making money. IF you have a problem with hios thread, don't read it:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

DSLND
01-03-2007, 08:57 PM
No its a thread about something he does on the offseason, and hes helping his parent's out, and making money. IF you have a problem with hios thread, don't read it:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Thanks Man! I just ignore the people who have nothing nice to say! -Mitch-

mikes landscaping
01-04-2007, 02:26 PM
No problem, keep the good work.:usflag:

-Pete