PDA

View Full Version : Can your dealer TOP THIS?

toddco
06-28-2001, 05:05 PM
This has gotta be one of the best dealers around!

1. When I bought the mower they beat the price of a dealer 30 miles closer by several hundred dollars. They gave me that price on my first phone call without any haggling!
2. They then delivered it to my front door and showed me how to run it.

Nice so far, but then...
3. I found they'd installed the wrong mulch kit (long story, but a new employee got the part number wrong). When I discovered the mistake weeks later I called and they offered to come down to my house THAT DAY and install the correct part. They wanted to be sure I didn't have any down time! Since I'm a homeowner not a commercial guy I told them they could just drop off the parts next time they had a guy in the neighborhood and I'd install the parts myself.
4. Yesterday, the throttle cable on my mower melted itself against the side of the motor. When I called they offered again to come to my home and fix the cable for me immediately! These guys are really willing to go out of their way to make sure my mower stays running. I asked them to just mail it to me since I can wait a couple days, but you gotta love their willingness to give the extra effort.

This dealer is easily 30 miles from my house, and I've never even had to go into their store. If anyone else is in the Everett WA area, or even down in Redmond like myself, you should check out HORIZON MOWER in EVERETT WA.

Great service from a product or company deserves recognition. Any of you guys got a dealer that goes the extra mile for you? Let others know about them. We want the good guys to win.

Scag48
06-28-2001, 06:09 PM
todd-What brands of equipment do they sell? Let me know, then I'll find the address. There's are pretty good shop in Marysville as well, but this one sounds good too. I want to know of 2 or 3 dealers over there because I don't have all that great of dealers here, although my grandpa ordered a bendix for my starter on my Toro on Tuesday and it's supposed to be in today. The shop, I believe, doesn't deal commercial Toro equipment, but they can get anything from Toro.

toddco
06-28-2001, 07:19 PM
Horizon Mower in Everett sells Exmark. Not sure what other brands they carry.

They also have a branch in Bellevue that sells Toro. Because of existing dealers in this area they apparently can't carry Exmark in this location, or Toro in the other.

Not sure if that means anything but thought I'd throw it out there. Also, I haven't dealt with the people in Bellevue. Sometimes it's the store manager that makes the difference, sometimes it's the owner of all branches.

lee b
06-28-2001, 09:23 PM
I've always gotten that level of service from John Deere dealers and they're everywhere.:blob3:

Keith
06-28-2001, 10:22 PM
All I get from dealers when equipment is dropped off for service is a work order that estimates the repair be finished in 2 weeks. Amazing how different some dealers are :confused:

tazman
06-28-2001, 11:05 PM
I live in the Kent area and the JD Dealer I use sucks. He is probably the largest JD dealer in the state. They have 3 stores, Tacoma, Auburn and Redmond. I have been doing business with them for 3 years. You may ask why this long if I am not happy with them? They are close and have a bigger selection. If I can find another dealer that appreciates a good customer, I would go there. I checked out a dealer that carries Scag and Toro, but he kind of blew my off when I told him I was looking for a new dealer to do business with. Wouldn't mind finding a Exmark dealer. I am not a big fish, but am 3 times bigger than I was 3 years ago with 3 full time employees. You would think people would want your business, but the customer service I have seen doesn't show it. Trying to establish credit with someone and I am up front that my X screwed my credit. No one seems to want to work with you. I would by bigger equipment, but don't want to shell out the large dollars and deplete my cash flow. Just kind of venting. If there is a customer oriented dealer in my neck of the woods reading this, contact me. Maybe we can do business.

EJK2352
06-29-2001, 12:51 AM
My Exmark dealer Bill's Sales & Service in Austintown, Ohio is the best dealer I've ever dealt with!!! If he can't get your mower up & running in an hour he will give you one of his demo's. He has always gone out of his way to make sure his customers are cutting and making money!!! Dealers I've dealt with in the past gave us commercial cutters no priority.

gusbuster
06-29-2001, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by toddco
This has gotta be one of the best dealers around!
This dealer is easily 30 miles from my house, and I've never even had to go into their store. If anyone else is in the Everett WA area, or even down in Redmond like myself, you should check out HORIZON MOWER in EVERETT WA.

Are you sure you got the name correct. There's Horizon Irrigation: their location...
2425 39th St.
Everett , WA 98201

They sell Exmark, Ransome Ryan Echo ECT...

If we are talking about the same company, consider yourself lucky. My local Horizon a scale of 1 to 10, to be fair I would give them a 7. In my area, they're trying to have one main local distribution point. In regards to getting equipment, parts chemicals ECT... the service has dropped big time. They are though, the best info for irrigation components that they carry. The cost of living in my area makes it difficult to keep anybody for a length of time. Just when I get to know the local manager, they transfer him to another store or they move on.

John

Kent Lawns
06-29-2001, 10:16 AM
Can your dealer top this?

YOU BET! Ours properly preps the equipment with the correct mulch kit, throttle cable installed correctly, etc.

We don't see our dealer again. (Mail order service parts and sell equipment 2 years old)

What lesson is REALLY being taught here is how to make a happy customer when the chips are down. It's our OPPORTUNITY to show good service/follow thru when we've made a mistake or things just haven't turned out perfectly.

toddco
06-29-2001, 01:00 PM
You bet Kent, quality shows when they have to fix something that goes wrong. Everybody can make a mistake now and then but when they jump to correct it then it shows class.

Taz, I know the JD dealer you're speaking of. Their Redmond store is 2 miles from my house. In fact my neighbor dropped off her mower there over 4 weeks ago. She needed a tune up and a new deck belt. Still hasn't gotten it back yet and has heard every excuse in the book about why it's taking so long. But they were kind enough to tell her it'll cost her $400! They must be charging her for storage cus those low-lifes sure ain't working on it.

Gus, yes it's the same place. Didn't know they did Irrigation too.