PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

KS_Grasscutter
12-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Well, here are some random pictures. I got a new photobucket account, so I am trying to post from there.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/KS_Grasscutter/12-03Dixon.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/KS_Grasscutter/fulltrailer1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/KS_Grasscutter/fulltrailer2.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/KS_Grasscutter/leafrigs3.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/KS_Grasscutter/newrangerR2.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/KS_Grasscutter/12-03C202.jpg

DSLND
12-26-2006, 12:47 PM
KS: Stuff looks great! Just some questions though, first of all how do you like the Dixon, ive heard good things about them but i dont buy residential stuff anymore but that seat looks awful comfy LOL. Second hows the aerator working for ya? I remember u purchasing it but never asked about the results becuase if it will pay for itself next season im going to buy one but if it doesnt i may just keep renting one. Thanks! -Mitch-

JDWalkbehind
12-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Kool how do you like the jx75? did you get it new?

nick

KS_Grasscutter
12-26-2006, 01:14 PM
KS: Stuff looks great! Just some questions though, first of all how do you like the Dixon, ive heard good things about them but i dont buy residential stuff anymore but that seat looks awful comfy LOL. Second hows the aerator working for ya? I remember u purchasing it but never asked about the results becuase if it will pay for itself next season im going to buy one but if it doesnt i may just keep renting one. Thanks! -Mitch-

I like the Dixon real good. Mine is a residential version, but they make a Commercial line too. Their commercial line is VERY good. Yea, the seat is real comfy.

The aerator in these pictures is a OLD Ryan aerator, it belongs to Jason Rose. I was VERY pleased with the results from it, it pulls real good plugs. The aerator I bought is a Blue Bird. Since I am trying to sell it, that is all I am gonna say:laugh:

And yea, an aerator will pay for it's self real good.

KS_Grasscutter
12-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Kool how do you like the jx75? did you get it new?

nick

I DONT like it. I bought it new in 04, and the transmission is already dead on it. In fact, I am getting ready to take it to the dealer to get fixed today. I would advise anyone to RUN LIKE HELL from these. Get a Proline, Metro, or Honda Commercial. Literally EVERY JX75, and it's predecessor, the 14SB, that I know of locally have had transmission work done to them.

EDIT: lol, just noticed we are both Pro Cut Lawn Care.

zim bob the landscaper
12-26-2006, 11:53 PM
did u sell your ranger? or do u run 2 trucks?

JDWalkbehind
12-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Hey we do. great minds think alike.
I'm alittle surprised every one else i've asked has like the jx75. have to look into in more thanks!

R u goin to sell ur aerator.PM the price an info i might be interested

nick

KS_Grasscutter
12-27-2006, 12:16 AM
did u sell your ranger? or do u run 2 trucks?

Run two now. Probably SHOULD sell the Ranger as it doesn't get any better fuel economy then the Chevy does.

ALarsh
12-27-2006, 12:50 AM
2 trucks doing 10 lawns a week? Fill me in.

KS_Grasscutter
12-27-2006, 01:17 AM
2 trucks doing 10 lawns a week? Fill me in.

Ok, guess I should clarify. The CHEVY is my work truck. I use it for all aspects of my business. The FORD is my "play truck" , and is not used at all for my business.

ALarsh
12-27-2006, 01:25 AM
Oh I see. How does the chevy run? What did you pay for it? How many miles, etc?

I'm thinking a work only truck may be next.

KS_Grasscutter
12-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Hey we do. great minds think alike.
I'm alittle surprised every one else i've asked has like the jx75. have to look into in more thanks!

R u goin to sell ur aerator.PM the price an info i might be interested

nick

Yea, I'd kinda like to sell it. I would take $600 for it, and would meet you halfway to pick it up (mid MO somewhere), for probably $1.50 per loaded mile. It is a 424 (has 24 points, 6 on each of 4 "reels" I guess you would call it). Has a Honda engine, I think it is a 5 HP. Doesn't have a lot of use. I only used it on about 5 lawns this season, bought it from LS member Walker-Talker this last September. I think he said it is about 6 years old, was a Home Cheapo rental unit. He got a Pluggr a few years ago, so he didn't use it for like the last 2 or 3 years before I bought it.

KS_Grasscutter
12-27-2006, 01:29 AM
Oh I see. How does the chevy run? What did you pay for it? How many miles, etc?

I'm thinking a work only truck may be next.

Chevy runs real great. Paid, ummm... uhhh... $4000 for it. I know, that is WAY high, but it is in awesome shape. It has just over 87,700 miles.

A.D Services
12-27-2006, 03:08 AM
hey i almost bought one of those dixons only mine was going to be a 36" or 38" i cant remember. but it looks as if it has worked out real nice for ya. nice setup. chevys are better for work trucks anyway. you chould get rid of that ford and buy a silverado. those are the best trucks imo.
too bad i heard that General motors is being bought out by toyota:confused:
any way......

zim bob the landscaper
12-27-2006, 11:56 AM
hey i almost bought one of those dixons only mine was going to be a 36" or 38" i cant remember. but it looks as if it has worked out real nice for ya. nice setup. chevys are better for work trucks anyway. you chould get rid of that ford and buy a silverado. those are the best trucks imo.
too bad i heard that General motors is being bought out by toyota:confused:
any way......
i cant beleive thatare they still gonna be made like a chevy or is it gonna be a peice of S*** like the toyota trucks? no offence to the toyota guys.

ALarsh
12-27-2006, 12:59 PM
i cant beleive that

Thats because it isn't true... the only thing Toyota will do is surpass GM's production #'s in '07.. or expected to.

J&R Landscaping
12-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Thats because it isn't true... the only thing Toyota will do is surpass GM's production #'s in '07.. or expected to.

They might surpass the #'s but not in the same categories (work truck wise anyhow).

Idealtim
12-29-2006, 12:31 PM
If I had that ford it would have a new fisher hanging off the front of it by now and the chev would be gone.It's not that the chevy is a bad truck, It's just that the ford would do it all and wouldn't get beat up. My friend has a 05 ranger fully loaded with the fx4 package and the 4.0 and if I had that, there is no way I would want any other truck. Especially for under 40 lawns a week.

stuffdeer
12-29-2006, 01:45 PM
If I had that ford it would have a new fisher hanging off the front of it by now and the chev would be gone.It's not that the chevy is a bad truck, It's just that the ford would do it all and wouldn't get beat up. My friend has a 05 ranger fully loaded with the fx4 package and the 4.0 and if I had that, there is no way I would want any other truck. Especially for under 40 lawns a week.

I agree, Except, I'd have a Western Poly hanging off of it.

Also, If I got a Ranger, I'd get the Fx4 Level ll package. It has the upgraded front shocks, and stronger frame.

KS_Grasscutter
12-29-2006, 02:10 PM

No plow here, as it don't snow here. We may get a couple 3-4 inch snows, but not worth plowing. My Ranger is kinda a POS, lots of little problems. Wish I never got it. Thinking about selling it and just having the Chevy. That, or trade it on a Z71 next year or the year after. :gmctruck:

I agree, Except, I'd have a Western Poly hanging off of it.

Also, If I got a Ranger, I'd get the Fx4 Level ll package. It has the upgraded front shocks, and stronger frame.

I don't think the Fx4 Package was available on 02s. Thought that came out in 04 or 05?

ALarsh
12-29-2006, 02:26 PM
No plow here, as it don't snow here. We may get a couple 3-4 inch snows, but not worth plowing. My Ranger is kinda a POS, lots of little problems. Wish I never got it. Thinking about selling it and just having the Chevy. That, or trade it on a Z71 next year or the year after. :gmctruck:

Man I know exactly what you mean. Mine wasn't a POS but for having 1,000 miles on it there were too many things wrong with it. My chevy has been much better.

KS_Grasscutter
12-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Man I know exactly what you mean. Mine wasn't a POS but for having 1,000 miles on it there were too many things wrong with it. My chevy has been much better.

Well, mine isn't a POS exactly, just has TOO MANY PROBLEMS for only 45,000 miles, and paid WAY too much for it. Did you ever have trouble with your 4x4 not engaging? I think I am going to have to put a new control module on mine. That will have to wait till next season though (lack of MONEY right now).

ALarsh
12-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Well my 4x4 engaged most times, but I always had a hard time getting it to disengage back to 2wd. How much did you pay?

zim bob the landscaper
12-29-2006, 05:00 PM
yeah i havnt heard alot of good things about rangers. my dad had one for 4 months he got it for $8000 it was a 04. had only 12000 miles on it and the transmission went on it. i think it was the 4.0 v8 or v6. it was a very nice truck when nothing was rong with it. it also road so nice. we were gonna put the homesteader but the dealer said it was a bad idea. well we got 7500 out of it traded it in and paid 500 more for our 2500 and not had one prob and has 135k miles on it.

KS_Grasscutter
12-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Well my 4x4 engaged most times, but I always had a hard time getting it to disengage back to 2wd. How much did you pay?

Dealer was asking 16k for it. Parents gave $4000 trade difference I believe (trade in was a 02 2wd Ranger with 25,000 miles). I really hate to think about how much the new 4x4 control module is gonna cost. Hopefully that will fix it...

ALarsh
12-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah I think I paid $15,900 for mine with 1,000 miles on it. Loaded with everything except FX4.

A.D Services
12-30-2006, 05:22 PM
idea!!!!!!!! instead of fixing your ranger trade it in for a four-wheel drive s10 with the 4.3 v6 in it

KS_Grasscutter
12-30-2006, 05:59 PM
idea!!!!!!!! instead of fixing your ranger trade it in for a four-wheel drive s10 with the 4.3 v6 in it

Now thats an idea... I actually looked at a 04 S10, but it had the fancy off road package I think and it was like $18k, with 110,000 miles. It was a 04. If I was to trade the Ranger on anything, it would probably be in about 2 years, and trade it on a used 07 GMC Z71, or probably 2500. I REALLY like the new body style GMC 3/4tons.