PDA

View Full Version : what company is better

fejical
06-28-2001, 04:15 PM
i'm new to this site and need some help with picking out a mid-size
walkbehind and don't know which brands are knowN to last and for
there quality. i have a toro exmark bobcat john deere and arien dealers around. anything helps. I don't need anything fancy i just need something that will last and go faster then my old mower. Thanks for your time

Jeff

ScottH
06-28-2001, 04:52 PM
if you're looking @ hydro units, do yourself a favor and at least check out the Excel Hustler unit. very nice controls and very well built. check out their website to find closest dealer @ www.excelhustler.com

summitgroundskeeping
06-28-2001, 08:28 PM
Oh no, not this question again. Hey, Jeff, be ready to read.:p

Dave
06-28-2001, 09:06 PM
without good dealer support ,the name does not mean anything
no matter who makes it

toddco
06-28-2001, 09:27 PM
Without a good product, dealer support ain't enough. You can't polish a turd.

Sorry, couldn't resist. (grin)

edward hedrick
06-28-2001, 09:36 PM
Lesco has good selection 48 & 52 belt and hydro :angel:

fejical
06-28-2001, 09:57 PM
thanks guys for the help. out of those names who's equipment will pay off and be worth it. anything will help. any machines you've fallen in love with? any loyal brands? thanks again

Jeff

turfquip
06-28-2001, 10:15 PM
Never fall in love with something that can't love you back.

If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't return, hunt it down and destroy it.

PrimeGreen Lawn
06-28-2001, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by fejical
thanks guys for the help. out of those names who's equipment will pay off and be worth it. anything will help. any machines you've fallen in love with? any loyal brands? thanks again

Jeff

Well, Jeff. Its like a Ford vs. Chevy battle when it comes to brand names. Everybody will say their brand is better thant he other. You just have to try them out and see what YOU like. We can only offer suggestions based on our personal experiences. With me, I've had Great Dane, Skag, Lesco,and Exmark. Although all these are excellent mowers, I have to lean toward the Exmark badges. I also love my Lesco 52' w/b hydro. I had the Email me, and I'll let you know what my experiences have been with all these machines. Good luck with you decision.

Scott

hobbes
06-28-2001, 10:50 PM
turfquip,
Excellent qoute, but make sure you give it enough time to come back before the hunt & destroy thing.
From what I've read here you can't go wrong with any of the top brands. One advantage for Exmark, their after purchase service is incredible. I can e-mail them with any question & get a response the next day (thanks Lenny). Sent an e-mail to Toro on a new purchase about 2 months ago, still waiting for a reply.

KD'sLawns
06-29-2001, 06:52 AM
Buy a commercial unit with solid dealer support and you can't go wrong! This leaves Ariens out completely.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-29-2001, 01:31 PM
if you going to go in to debt for a mower make it worth while
get what your going to need and the best thing out there

Exmark Turf Tracer 52" spend the extra money but don't get the HP get the one with the Kohler 23HP and nelson air filter, velke X2

will not go wrong plenty of power and will go any where and cut any thing and make it look good too

the HP has smaller tires narrower track

this one has every thing you would want in a mower except it doesn't cut buy it self(no operator)

there are other brands out there but where i am from Exmark is the best by the way TORO owns Exmark but don't get them confused they are not the same even thow they look alike

doog luck your gona need it try them all settle for the best