PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Grips

02DURAMAX
12-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Anybody have them???......and how much do they cost??

gorrell
12-27-2006, 12:13 AM
I bought a pair at the Expo in October for $90 and love them. I got the ones with the steel toes. I wore them all October and November and they still look like new....................Lynn

Runner
12-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Build it and they will come.... Just another novelty. I've been in this service for 25 years, ran trim mowers, trimmers, walkbehinds, and all sorts of other equipment on hills, slopes, and ditches and have never had the need. Anything these guys think will sell, they will develop and market to the lawn service industry...for the simple fact that it is such a rapidly growing industry of newbies. If it was up to e, an I had the capital to work with, I would come out with a whole line of cool designer clothing - just for the lawn service industry.

02DURAMAX
12-27-2006, 12:25 AM
I bought a pair at the Expo in October for $90 and love them. I got the ones with the steel toes. I wore them all October and November and they still look like new....................Lynn

How is it with the steel toe??...I have yet to fine some steel toe shoe's that don't hurt..

Richard Martin
12-27-2006, 04:46 AM
I took a look at them on their website and after spending some big bucks on other well known shoes (Wolverines) and being severely disappointed I decided to pass on them.

Shawns Lawns
12-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I have a pair and i think they are comfortable but the sole wears out quickly.:waving:

02DURAMAX
12-27-2006, 04:40 PM
I have a pair and i think they are comfortable but the sole wears out quickly.:waving:

I'm thinking of trying them for next year...I have a shop here that sells them.

crab
12-27-2006, 06:34 PM
:cry: Had a pair, ordered 2, 1 for my foreman 1 for myself .They sent the wrong size and style twice, never got the pair for my foreman,and the sole fell off after about 4 months.I say save you're money for good boots or just where sneakers.I was really stoked when i found them at new england grows, but found them to be a real disappointment.

weve
12-27-2006, 06:58 PM
How is it with the steel toe??...I have yet to fine some steel toe shoe's that don't hurt..

I got a pair of the Men's PRO8 8" last fall at EXPO in Louisville. I have never worn steel toes before but have not noticed these at all. They also seemed to need no break-in period and were comfortable from the start. I am glad that I could try them on at EXPO. My normal size seemed a little small in the toe area so I got them ½ size larger and they fit fine. They grip quite well on a steep walk-out area where I need to push mow, even with heavy dew.

02DURAMAX
12-27-2006, 07:17 PM
I got a pair of the Men's PRO8 8" last fall at EXPO in Louisville. I have never worn steel toes before but have not noticed these at all. They also seemed to need no break-in period and were comfortable from the start. I am glad that I could try them on at EXPO. My normal size seemed a little small in the toe area so I got them ½ size larger and they fit fine. They grip quite well on a steep walk-out area where I need to push mow, even with heavy dew.

I guess I'll have a pair of lawn grips for 2007:D :D

lawnprosteveo
12-28-2006, 09:23 PM
I think I'll stick with my Danners...

SLC, LLC
12-29-2006, 01:01 AM
bought two pai about half-way through the season last year. i wear them all the time - even when i am not mowing. i love them!!! they are very comfortable, you can wear them right away, and the steel toe to me is unnoticeable.